• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The worst last 10 seconds of the forth I have ever seen!

Shack

Thats all I have to say about Sundays game ( that would not be a contact us please).

I take that back, the last 2 seconds were even worse!

The prediction for this year was made long ago, but being a die hard Viks fan, it took me untill this last Sun. for it to sink in.

I will not waste another fall/winter Sunday watching Vikes play. I will be hunting, fishing, ice fishing, four wheeling, snowmobiling or what ever. I would rather go to a strip club, than watch another Vikes game this season!

OPOVF!

I am a fan of the Vikes, and will watch and back them whether they win or lose...ugly or nice games.

That is what being a fan in MN is all about!

Quote:

I am a fan of the Vikes, and will watch and back them whether they win or lose...ugly or nice games.

That is what being a fan in MN is all about!

Yeah, me too. Except to me it's more like a disease with no cure. An addiction. I can't help myself. I will always be a fan, but sometimes I wish I wasn't...

I was at the game in KC last weekend. Talk about embarassing. I had a good time getting the nearby KC fans all riled up in the first half, but I kept my head down pretty low after that.

The walk back through the parking lot to my vehicle after the game.... oh man, I don't ever wanna go thru that again. tongue.gif

Things can only get better. (That's what I keep tellin myself anyways)

OOOOOO! Sorry dude! That must have sucked pretty bad!

Oh, I am a true Vikes fan and have been for many, many years! Seeing the Childress post, it brought me back to last Sunday. I was reliving the pain. I got home and calmed down a little.

All though I am a die hard Vikes fan, this is a another year I will not pass up a good fishing or sporting outing on a sunny Indian summer fall day, unless they change. Even then it would have to be a big change.

One side note! At least we are starting out year, without a off the field major black eye episode. All the boys are keeping it in their pants out in public. More ways than one!

Go Vikes!

P.S.

It still was the worst last 2 seconds of any game that I have seen in a very long time. But what the hay, I am a Vikes fan. I bleed purple!

Childress kind of reminds me of "tes" Steckel. Maybe Bud Grant will come back and bail out Childress like he did Tes.

Being a lifelong Vikes fan and a serious one at that, the Vikes other than AP have a horrible offense. No QB for this level and a offensive line that can only run block. The defense is the same, stop the run and hope they don't pass. MY goodnees, we got eaten alive by Damon Huard and Jon Kitna, what happens when we run into a good QB??

Other than a decent P and PK and run def, they are a dismal football team. 4-12 at best.

GO Vikes!!!!

Was it worse than this account back in 1999?

2. GREEN BAY 23, MINNESOTA 20 (1999)

There was a reason Ray Rhodes was fired merely minutes after the 1999 season. Had it not of been for three miraculous Favre comebacks to start the season, his team (two years removed from the Super Bowl) would have finished 5-11. One of those come-from-behind wins came against Randall Cunningham, Robert Smith, Randy Moss and the explosive Vikings offense that emphatically snapped Green Bay’s 25-game home win streak the previous year.

After Moss caught a TD lob from Cunningham with less than two minutes left, visions of last season’s 38-24 drubbing resurfaced.

But the stage was set. Down 20-16. 1:51 left. Two timeouts. Seventy-seven yards to paydirt. This signifies Green Bay vs. Minnesota and the sheer will of No. 4.

Like a surgeon, an unfazed Favre steadily gained dissected Minnesota on the final drive. A 22-yard strike to Corey Bradford got the ball rolling. Consecutive check down passes to Dorsey Levens sandwiched a timeout while tacking on 23 more yards as Green Bay reached the Vikings 32-yard line. Following an incompletion, Bill Schroeder caught a six-yarder in the middle of the field which forced Green Bay to call their final timeout with 43 seconds left.

On third-and-four, the Pack caught a terrible break when Levens caught a three-yard pass and was tackled in-bounds, setting up an unfriendly fourth-and-one. A spike would end the game. There was no time to huddle up for a play call. And even if the Packers completed a first down, time would probably run out.

With no time to contemplate, Favre raced to the line of scrimmage as the clock suddenly evaporated to 16 seconds. A Favre pump fake froze cornerback Jimmy Hitchcock who anticipated a slant With no time to contemplate, Favre raced to the line of scrimmage as the clock suddenly evaporated to 16 seconds. A Favre pump fake froze cornerback Jimmy Hitchcock who anticipated a slant. Bradford kept gliding and snagged the game-winner in stride. Game over.

Said Rhodes, "That was close to a miracle, if not a miracle."

That is a terrible read smirk.gif , kick us when we are down.

Just wait until sunday when Favre sets the int record, not the td grin.gif! Now that would be funny! grin.gif

Quote:

Was it worse than this account back in 1999?

Not so much a 10 second story but a 14 year one.....

I bet Farve and the Pack faithfulls would trade that for Farve's 4 win and 10 loss career record at the Dome or better yet trade it for Farve's LOSING career record against the vaunted Vikes.... grin.gif

I gotta tall ya boys, I'm not lookin forward to this Sunday. Call me what you will, but it's going to be a long, slow, painful game to watch.

Farve setting records, in the Dome (of all places) against the most helpless Viking team that I can remember. *GULP!

Makes me sick just thinkin about it.

GO VIKES!!!

(Though I don't think it matters how many times or how loud I yell it. It's just sad, like goin to a funeral.)

That was a poor ending in Vikes History, but last Sunday was just plan "trip over oue selves and we caused the loss" type ending.

Its was bad! There might have been worse, but I can not remember!

Will see this weekend?? I think I am going grouse hunting Sunday or fishing! I will hear recap on way home. I am sure I will be impressed and sad I missed game. But like I said, I will not loose any nice fall days to a Vikes game this year. I will tune in on radio if I am in truck!

Good luck Vikes.

Go Vikes!

Quote:

On third-and-four, the Pack caught a terrible break when Levens caught a three-yard pass and was tackled in-bounds, setting up an unfriendly fourth-and-one.

I got to admit this was my favorite part to the story. How is it a terrible break? If a three yard pass is thrown when you need four with the game on the line it probably one of two things. A bad play by one of the offensive players (QB or receiver) or a good play by the defense to take him down there in bounds. At least I would have thought so. For Mr. Favre though, it is just bad luck.

I am a Vikes fan through and through but really would love to appreciate Farve for who he is and what he has done but this is just a small example of why it is difficult to do. When he makes a great play he is called great. When he throws a boneheaded INT he is a "gunslinger who loves to play the game". At least we can watch this weeks game without Madden messing himself over the thought of Farve breaking the record.

Are you saying there is a double standard?... shocked.gif

I too believe it will be a long day for the Purple and will also be in the woods or on a Bog somewhere.....But I do have the game Tivo.ed for later viewing in case a miracle were to transpire... grin.gif

Remember the Pack VS Vikes at the dome when the Pack had a WR practically hopscotch down the sidelines and into the end zone? I still think some Vikings gonna come along and knock that guy into next week

All right, I confess! I watch every second of the game today.

It was raining and kind of a bla day! If it had been nice, I would have done somthing else!