• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why don't the Bears get a QB?

Scott M

Windy or others, tell me why they haven't upgraded the QB position when the NFC and the NFC North will be so weak? Can the bears keep winning in spite of Rex? 2 weeks into the season and he makes the same mistakes. His new best friend must be Devin Hester because he keeps saving his butt every week.

Where is there a decent QB to be had? I would rather have Rex than Tarholious Jackson. Maybe they would trade.

Trent Green, Byron Leftwich. Deals that could have been done. Heck, even Kelly Holcomb

Sexy Rexy it is. The Vikings are rebuilding. Even the most delusional of Vikings fans don't think the club is going to go anywhere this year. So if you're saying that GROSSman is better than TJack, you're right. But will that stay the same in a few years if he develops and makes better decisions? I dunno.

Jackson is young and can learn from his mistakes. GROSSman has been around a few times and is still making the same mistakes. Plus the teams are in way different situations. I would be upset at the Bears brass for not trying to upgrade the one thing that kept you from winning a super bowl. The Vikings are still figuring it out on offense so I'm not calling for them to get a new QB

Maybe they can keep winning in spite of him.

Hey Guys,

Here is the scoop in da Windy. The Bears LIKE GROSSman! The most popular guy in Chicago, outside the Bears organization, has always been the second string QB and this year is no exception. The Bears lost the season opener on the road so you did not hear the cascades of boo's you would normally hear at home and they managed to win their second game so you will never hear the catcalls as loud during a win but trust me, if they dump on Monday night against the Cowpokes you will hear the calls loud and clear for Griese, Griese, Griese!

The problem is Lovie keeps saying, "Rex is our guy". I think the Bears will win this year in spite of GROSSman, not because of him. Yeah sure he will have his half dozen or so games where he goes crazy and has a QB rating over 100 but there will be as many games, maybe more, where he is dangerously close to the single digits!!!

I see the Bears repeating their performance from last year, getting to the big dance but failing to take the prom queen home. Just my two cents.

Windy

Windy,

Make sure you tune the game in on Sunday night, not Monday.

I was curious about how Chi-town was reacting to a 'healthy' Rex. Sounds like if they keep winning, he keeps his job. As a big fan of the '84 sox, I am perfectly comfortable with "winning ugly". In fact, I don't know that the Bears have had a top-rated QB in my lifetime (maybe an agrument can be made for McMahon) - so we know how to get it done other ways! smile.gif njoy the game

Failin'

CHICAGO (AP) -- Rex Grossman reportedly will be benched by the Chicago Bears for Sunday's game at Detroit, with Brian Griese starting at quarterback.

Citing unidentified sources, NFL.com, the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday that the beleaguered Grossman would sit when the Bears (1-2) visit the Lions (2-1).

The Bears would not confirm that any decision has been made, saying only that coach Lovie Smith would be available for his regular Wednesday news conference.

Grossman threw three interceptions as the Bears fell to the Dallas Cowboys 34-10 on national TV on Sunday night. The following day, Smith, who usually gives Grossman full support, instead said: "Will Rex Grossman start Sunday? Well, our evaluation process is going on right now, and if you come out to practice Wednesday, you'll have a better idea of who will be starting at all positions."

Grossman has struggled ever since February's Super Bowl, when he threw two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. This year, he ranks 23rd in the league with 500 yards, has a 45.2 rating and is 47-of-89 (52.8 percent) with a league-leading six interceptions and just one touchdown.

Now in his fifth pro season, Grossman has been inconsistent as Chicago's starter, but he did get the team to the Super Bowl last season.

Griese, a 10-year veteran, was a Pro Bowl pick with Denver in 2000. He has passed for 16,564 yards, but has also been released three times -- by the Broncos, Miami and Tampa Bay.

"I have confidence in our entire football team," Smith said Monday. "Brian is a part of that. After you have a loss like that, we all feel bad. We should."

I hate to say I told you so but, I told you so. Lovie can cover for bad Rex for only so long and the fans made it loud and clear that it was time for a change. Now we get to see what Griese can do for us. No where near as strong of an arm but he should not get the Bears into the trouble that Rex does with the fumbles and picks. Time will tell!

Windy

Windy, looks like we have another sport in comon this year. Looks like a fight between MN Chicago for last place again confused.gif

Wandering,

I just hate the fact that this will bring all the Cheeseheads out from their duck blinds!

Windy

I know I was actually routing for the bears last sunday night, I dint want to see the packers ontop in first!