• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Drivers

Big_Cahuna

After watching what those drivers do on the ice roads I think another interesting story line would be what the service providers do on Upper Red. You guys go through the ice, hear and see some strange and intersting things, a lot of them humorous, scary, or otherwise. Throw in some folklore for good measure and you got a show!!!!! I'd watch it anyways.

BC

We need to get Dirty Jobs up there! Then they can follow Jonny P! around and watch him take care of poo bags. grin.gif

You know... a URL Dirty Jobs episode with the Petrowskes would be pretty sweet!

Who do we have to talk to at Discovery to make this happen. grin.gif

Dirty Jobs? How about crawling around in rice paddy mud up to your waist fixing equipment, handling seed rice that smells just like a nasty pig barn,scrubbing fish blood and poo out of the boat carpet, hauling poo bags all winter, mixing massive amonts of bear bait that just plain sticks to everything, cleaning scum/seaweed and dead shiners out of the minnow traps/tanks. I know dirt well, and poeple always ask me what it is like living the dream. confused.giflaugh.gif

Quote:

Pshhht, nobody goes through the ice on Red.....Doh!
blush.gif

Guides/plow trucks never "go through the ice" we are just "looking for crappies".

grin.gif

John, your boat doesn't get dirty does it? It's always nice when guys show up with rubber boots full of sand!!

Quote:

John, your boat doesn't get dirty does it? It's always nice when guys show up with rubber boots full of sand!!

Not as bad as the diesel mechanic that showed up wearing his leather work boots. I didn't notice he had them on until the entire boat had a grease stain at foot level.

confused.gif