• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be staying at a cabin on Rose over Labor day weekend. Are the eyes going on minnows by then or is it a crank bite. Also what is the closest muskie lake in the area. Not looking for secret spots or anything just a starting point. Thanks

Hey Jerk Bait,

where are you staying on Rose? I have family that lives on Rose and might be there at the same time? Also are you a Brainerd Muskie chapter member?

mr

Hey Jerk, I would recomend, Big Detroit or Pelican lake for good muskie action. Look in the normal spots were you would find muskies. Or buy a park sticker and head to Bears Lake in the maplewood state park.

Meat and Paul,

I'm staying in a friends cabin on the northwest side. I am not a current member of the Brainerd chapter but I've always intended to reup but every time there is a meeting I seem to have something else going. Not a very good excuse I guess. I would assume Detroit and Pelican will have the water beat to a froth on a busy weekend like around here, but a guy can only fish bottom feeders so much. Thanks for the reply

You might go nutty looking for Bears Lake. It's Beers Lake in Maplewood State Park. Beautiful lake, small, usually very little boat traffic. Also has some big largemouth and tons of panfish.

My bad on Spelling ooo.gif

If you fish big detroit it is not so bad. Most of the circus traffic is on little detroit because it is shallower. Big Detroit has one fantastic walleye population as well. It is often overlooked for the reasons you previously mentioned.