• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat launch laughter...

polarsusd81

So last night a buddy and I went out to a north metro lake. It was our first time out there this year, and my first time on that lake in close to 15 years. We launched and went fishing, trying to keep cool in the hot afternoon sun. Around dusk we decided to head in cause it was a pretty shallow launch and I wanted to make sure I had enough light to put the boat on the trailer. On the way back to the launch ramp we noticed a man with 4 kids fishing from shore. They were packing up while we were loading the boat. We got it loaded and pulled up to secure it, and pick weeds. They piled in the car and went to leave. Apparently the kids were distracting this guy in a bad way, because he gunned it heading for the exit of the parking lot, but between him and the exit was a median with a curb and a light pole. Can you see where this is going? He couldn't cause he musta been looking backwards. He jumped the curb and hit the light pole dead on the emblem on the hood of his car. My buddy and I were both thinking watching this happen...No, no he isn't, uh...yeah I think he is...whack! The guy backs the car up and hops out and the kids come jumping out of the car to inspect the damage. We ask if everyone was alright and he tells us that everyone is fine and that the kids were distracting him. I thought to myself, if the kids are distracting you, don't hit the gas, go for the break, especially in an empty parking lot.

We joked about it the whole way home. There was plenty of uncontrollable laughter after we got in the truck. We joked about how he was going to tell the wife. You know dang well it will be a mad race for the kids to get to mommy first to tell her what daddy did. I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but we got a big laugh out of it. grin.gif

Wow, what a story. Quetion for you, did you happen to notice if they had any fish they took home, maybe the guy was distracted for different reasons's concerning Over Limts etc...?

No, they only had a few little sunfish. They were nowhere near a limit, probably not even enough for a fish fry for the family. It was just hilarious. He wasn't in a hurry, just not paying any attention to the direction his car was going. I am still laughing at the mental image of the scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou for the story!!!!!!!!!VERY funny..........We set out a couple of chairs at the public launches just to watch sometimes............good humor.c63 grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Not really related to launches, but on a trip to Canada my buddy wanted to drive for a while and got behind the wheel in a Perkins parking lot after breakfast. When he was driving through the parking lot he turned too sharp and took my boat and trailer over one of those islands with the curb all around. The worst part was that he thought it was funny and I was worried about a bent axle or spindle all the way up to our destination.

We were on a lake a few years ago fishing right up next to an inlet stream to another lake. We watched this tiny boat come towards us from a mile out. He kept his 12 ft boat with a 4 hp at WOT all the way up to us. We knew the stream was really shallow and rocky but, evidently he thought you could just buzz right through. As he cruised by us at a whopping 8 mph, with no shirt and his white beer belly bulging, he held up a beer and looked at us like, "Hey boys! It's Miller Time!!" At that very moment his motor bit the rocks and basically stopped him dead in his tracks! Even better, he simply set his beer down, started his motor and tried again. I would have hated to see his prop after that. We were only 30 ft from this guy and we were trying our very best not to cry from laughter.

I one time saw a couple tow a good size runabout to a ramp on the St. Croix. They were already having a good fight when they got out of the truck. He launched and gave her the rope to hold the boat to the dock. He said he was going to the store just a half block away to get some ice. "JUST HOLD THE F*****G ROPE, THINK YOU CAN DO THAT?"

While watching, it was obvious the plug was not in, the boat was sinking pretty fast. We tried to tell her, she was not concerned.

When her husband got back and saw his boat riding so low in the water he was realy mad and looked at her in disbelief. Before he could say anything she threw him the rope and said "Here's your f*****g rope!" and walked away.

Funniest thing I ever saw.

It wasn't funny at the time it was happening, but looking back at it, it's kind of hilarious at the situation. A few years back, my father and I took a trip up to Northern Sask. for some Northerns and Walleye. After a VERY successful day on the water, we were going back to the resort with our guide driving. Half way back, we spotted a mother bear and 3 cubs. Our guide (Cree Indian) decided that he wanted one of the cubs. (See where this is headed?) Needless to say, he picked up the net, and scooped one of the cubs out of the water AND PROCEEDED TOWARD THE MOTHER!!!!!!!!! thankfully the mother didn't do anything as she was more concerned with swimming. But, trying to keep a squirming bear cub in a 16 foot boat with 3 people, Lord knows how much fishing gear, and fish in the boat made for an interesting ride. I never did find out what happened to the cub.

One time several years ago when I lived in Red Wing, I was down on Pepin fishing one evening and had launched from Old Frontenac landing which is a nice landing, but a tiny little bit steep. I was going to go home at just about dark and I get to the landing and there is this mini-van trying to pull out a 20 foot runabout and its getting NO where fast. I watch for a couple minutes and this little minivan is just spinning its front wheels on the sand on the landing. I finally grabbed two big rocks, chocked the guys trailer tires and made him unhook his trailer and I pulled it out with my Silverado in about a minute. I then went and hooked up my trailer again, loaded my boat and was all packed up ready to go and this clown and his kids were still in the lot trying to rehook the trailer up and get his boat strapped on.

I might still be there if I hadn't just done it for him...

Years back I was camping at Woodenfrog on Kab with a buddy. It was a miserable day, had been raining and blowing since dawn, so we didn't go out. We took a ride down to the boat landing just for something to do and a guy and his wife were trying to load a 16ft single console Lund with a motorhome. She was on the dock next to the ramp. He was yelling instructions to her and handed her the bow line. As he backed out the waves were coming over the stern so he he hit the throttle and was dead center toward the trailer. Just before he would have hit the first roller on the trailer she gives a yank from the dock. The boat ended up cockeyed on the trailer with the waves flooding the boat. You should have seen the arms flailing. We were sitting nice and dry in the truck but you could imagine what was being said. He was yelling at her and she was yelling at him. We stopped laughing long enough to get out and go help. We had him pull it up while we pulled the plug and supported the stern. When it drained we straightened it out enough so they could leave. After we had it loaded he says how he always loved this place but he's never coming to this f'ing lake again. Apparently he took the whole incident as a personal insult.