• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why I'm leaving...

CATransplant

I signed up to this site a long time ago, but didn't post here, for one reason or another.

I found my way back here because of a link at the Star Tribune...a link to the discussion about the meeting at Mille Lacs regarding the new regulations and comments made by some regarding public access.

Now, I find that the thread that was linked to is gone, and with it my posts to that link.

It's not my forum, but I saw that thread as an important discussion of interest to all Minnesota anglers. The fact that the Star Tribune linked to the discussion meant that they, too, found it of interest.

The discussion regarding public access and DNR decisions regarding Mille Lacs is important to all Minnesota anglers. It is a pity that the thread was deleted, as I'm sure this comment will be.

I blogged this situation on my Fishing Blog. I think it is a crucial issue for anglers here. My blog entry will remain. The thread that had so many excellent comments, though, is gone.

So am I.

[Note from Rick (7/25 9:40 am):

I own this site and was also following that thread. I do not agree that it should have been deleted either. It should have been locked until it could be cleaned up because of the bashing and negative innuendo going on. Some users should have been put on temporary hold and their forum policy violation posts bashing others should have been edited with instructions to read forum policy.

The thread started off ok but a bit on the negative side and it really got out of hand towards the end bashing guides and business not even involved and I can certainly see why it was deleted.

STMA I Hunter feel free to start that thread again if you were the one who started it. I ask all to keep it within forum policy during the discussion.

I have given my opinion on how to handle those types of things in a long running thread to all of our staff.

I ask all of you to please be sure to read forum policy before posting again.

We want to keep things fun and friendly around here.

I hope you feel the same way. ]

I also went looking for it today and found it gone!!! Been following from day one. Just wondering why...even after the Star/Trib mentioned this site???? I had to go to my second choice for info to keep up on the scoop. I'm sure with all the responses that were posted, others are also interested in knowing why it's gone. Just an honest question..no need to flag me please.

I agree it kinda irks me to. Just following the thread since Sat. and it's gone

CAT,

Sorry to here of this! I thought you had some very good insight.

The one thing about this site is forum policy.

Forum policy is what makes this site great. Some times we have to suck it up and go on.

This Mille Lacs forum is for fun. Sometimes we forget that.

Major issues of politics are not what this forum is about. It is about fishing and advice to make it better for our fellow fisherman. Not a B.I.T.C.H. session.

I get caught up in it and others do to, but this does not promote a good forum.

I sure like it when things in this forum are strictly fishing topics and advise.

I do not think it was anything you said.

I to thought it was important topic to dicuss that's why I started the forum.

I was out of the office for part of the afternoon and when I returned to follow up, it was gone. I sent an e-mail to "them" asking why, but at this point I have yet to hear a response.

I have read many a forum that has been heated and seen many personal grudges thrown about. I understand that we were hard on the subject of this one, but there it was in print for everyone to read.

I guess I am just disappointed that they removed it

Mark

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy befoe posting again. Thank you.]

Dont take this wrong guys...as i didn't read the article...only what was "quoted" on the first post.

I dont know the gentlemen in the subject and have never met them.

With that said; with an objective IMHO, it did sound like a witch hunt to burn em at the post....and everybody piling on. (with the exception of some constructive posts)

I dont agree with what was quoted, but to take one piece of information and start name calling and dragging someone thru the mud is not right.

just my opinion.

I was following it as well.Definatly a dissapointment for sure.

I think it got dusted because alot of posts were negitive.

Lets try and say something positive and keep it fun.

Guys,

Although I didn't remove the thread, I will tell you why it was removed:

1. It became a piling on of sorts on a legitimate business where the owner of said business was apparently quoted way out of context.

2. This site has always been about having fun and sharing information. When it becomes destructive to someone or something the post will not stand. Folks will draw there own conclusion about the input, or lack of, of said business.

3. I'm going to go over and talk with Terry in the morning and see if we can get to the bottom of this whole thing.

I also had a post deleted today on another subject- I think there was a little house cleaning done today. I have no problem with this as long as it is consistantly enforced and not a random personal thing. when my post was deleted on anothe rsubject my 1st thought was why is this thread allowed to continue ??? I looked and it was gone. I am wondering if there is a way to talk about it with out violating the policy? As i have read the policy several times I think it would be nearly impossible. Maybe if the party involved was not mentioned by name????

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I own this site and was also following that thread. I do not agree that it should have been deleted either. It should have been locked until it could be cleaned up because of the bashing and negative innuendo going on. Some users should have been put on temporary hold and their forum policy violation posts bashing others should have been edited with instructions to read forum policy.

The thread started off ok but a bit on the negative side and it really got out of hand towards the end bashing guides and business not even involved and I can certainly see why it was deleted.

STMA I Hunter feel free to start that thread again if you were the one who started it. I ask all to keep it within forum policy during the discussion.

I have given my opinion on how to handle those types of things in a long running thread to all of our staff.

I ask all of you to please be sure to read forum policy before posting again.

We want to keep things fun and friendly around here.

I hope you feel the same way.