• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
phishhead

Trout/Walleye lake with campground?

phishhead

My wife and I looking for a nice campground (or cheap cabin rental) to go to next week. We only have 3 days so I did not want drive more than 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We would like to catch some trout and walleyes and maybe some bluegils. We have a 12 ft boat with a 3 hp or trolling motor and 16 ft with a 50 hp so it doesn't matter what size the lake is (not Superior though). Any info would be great! Thank you in advance!

Black_Bay

Post the question in the Brainerd section. You may get better responses. If memory serves me right there are lakes around Brainerd that are stocked with trout. I know Lake Roosevelt has lake trout, as does a lake or two in the Whitefish Chain.

pikehunter78

I like Silver Rapids Lodge but it might be a little far for you. It's right off White Iron Lake on the Kawishiwi river just outside of Ely. They have campsites at $15/night and that gives you access to all the resort amenities (Showers, bathrooms, Sauna, etc.). Great Walleye fishing on all three lakes on the chain (White Iron, Farm and Garden). And if you're after trout, there's a lake about 15 minutes up the road called Lake Tofte that's beautiful and full of Rainbows and Splake. My friends and I go up there once a year because it's such a good deal and a great time. It's definitely worth the extra hour or two in the car. The website is silverrapidslodge.com, check it out!

SFBOY

MC CARTHY STATE PARK NORTH OF HIBBING. PICKERAL IS A TROUT LAKE JUST NORTH OF SIDE LAKE THAT HAS SHORE FISHING ACCESS AROUND MOST OF THE LAKE AND THERE ARE MORE BLUEGILLS, WITH SOME BEING VERY NICE, THAT YOU CAN GET INTO ON ANY OF THE 5 LAKES IN THE CHAIN. THERE ARE ALSO SOME WALLEYES AROUND ON THE DEEP WEED EDGES, BUT THAT HIS HIT AND MISS. THE STATE PARK IS THERE AND ALSO THE CC CAMPGROUND. ITS A BIT FURTHER THAN YOU MENTIONED, BUT 3.5 HOURS ISNT ALL THAT BAD.