• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cass Lake Info for Week of July 21st

Hey Guys,

I hope most of you will check this thread before you head out. I know there are a few of us who will be up in Cass this week and next and I thought we could give a little info that might make it possible to run into each other while we are up there. I will start the info thread:

I will be at Wishbone Resort from July 21st thru Aug 3rd. I have a red Lund Alaskan with a 40 hp Merc 4 stroke. I am a big fisherman, going about 6 foot 2 with a beard, glasses and carrying about 350 Lbs of ballast in the boat. You can usually find me on Deadmans Bar most days at one time or another though I do hit O'Neils Point and other parts of the lake on a day to day basis. Give me a shout if you see me on the water.

Windy

I'll be at my cabin this weekend and next. It's by Break on the Lake's lodge.

Red and White Triton. I'll be out trolling Buck or Deadman's or Windigo this weekend and probably next. I do mostly shad rappin' and spend the days with the family.

Good Luck!

Ken

Windy,

We have 2 families up there July 21st - 28th. We are from New Lenox & Frankfort. I have a 20ft PriceCraft with a 150 merc.(no #'s on boat yet) I fish a behind Cedar, Turtle river, Flats on front side Cedar, Pike Bay, and O'Neils bar. Where is deadman's?

Jack

Don't worry about Deadmans's.... there's no fish there anyhow. grin.gif

It's about dead center of the main basin, north half of Cass. Maybe a little closer to the NE quarter of the lake? Easy to spot on a lake map. Probably renamed more recently, but it's on of the larger mid-lake bars that runs north to south. Got some really deep water on it's northern and western edge, with a few good turns/contours as well. Hard to miss once you're on it. Good luck!

Yea,

I agree with Musky, don't bother fishing deadman's there are no fish there, LOL. I will be out there most days but you don't have to worry about deadman's, there are no fish there!!!

Windy

I will be there on a short trip... July 22-25. I will likely have the smallest boat out of the bunch of you all- 14' blue & white AMF Crestliner w/ 9.9 Johnson with Minnesota tags. As you can guess, you will not likely find me out in the middle of the main lake most of the time (unless it's calm). I will likely be around Star Island, Buck, Windigo, Pughole and various other "niche" spots. If any of you see my boat floundering in some whitecaps, call the Coastguard for me...

-Gregg B.

Will be at Break on the Lake.....17ft Lund with a 50HP...me and my buddy...were young guys (23 and 24)...hes tall, pretty built guy...im like 6' and normal....no idea where were gonna be....

we will have 3 families over at Break from July 28th to Aug 4th

I am also rather large person 6 foot and about 320 pounds of diplomacy. I will have a 18 foot Spectrum and my buddy will have a 19 foot crestliner the other family will have a lodge boat. Will spend the evenings out on deadmans and trolling where ever during the days for northerns and musky

I haven't been on the forums here for awhile, but since I'm heading up to Cass tomorrow morning, I figured I should check in. I'll be up all week at Break on the Lake with my parents, brothers, and grandfather. We have a little 15' Skeeter with a Johnson 60HP.

Feel free to say hello if you cross my path! And for anyone staying at Break, if you're going to the dinner at the lodge tomorrow night, I'll be wearing a White Sox hat...

Looks like Commanche and I picked the wrong week to go. We will be arriving August 4! Sounds like all of you will be gone by then. Good luck to all!

Ill be staying at Trappers Aug 13th-16th. Anyone else from here going to be there?

I will be up at Cass from Aug 11-18. Staying at Angler's Beach. I have only fished Cass one before about 3 years ago. I need to learn the lake again. Last time I went we only caught three walleyes the entire week confused.gif. Where abouts is Trappers?