• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ATV electric start problem

blakjack23

Question

Hi everyone. I have a 1989 Big Bear 350 and my electric start had been working fine until two months ago when I brought my wheeler to a car wash and sprayed it down. Now all it does is click a bunch of times. It sounds like the clicking is coming from the starter relay assembly by the battery. Is this what I would need to replace to get this working again or is there something else I should look for???

Thanks, Alex

2 answers to this question

When my ATV did that my battery was going bad. I got a new battery and now all is fine. Not saying your battery is bad but maybe the connections got wet and loosened up a little. It might be something to check before you bring it in somewhere.

I guess I was thinking that since it was clicking that there was enough juice but you could be right since I know my battery isn't that new. I'll take a look tonight.

Thanks!