• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

youngest son's first laker

25 inch laker caught near Lester by my youngest boy. We went out for a couple hours and got 2 releases and one in the boat by 9 am. Trolling with downriggers and inline boards. Releases and fish were caught in 108-110 feet about 60 feet down with glow in the dark Pro king spoons on the riggers. He is begging me to go out again this evening but dad's tired. Another day. grin.gif

By the way, I used spoons but I have a truckload of floating jointed rapalas. How well will these work behind a downrigger ball? Any favorite colors or speed??

Oh, and will try to post pic when my wife comes back from her company golf trip. Golf.......yuck!!!!

Great for the young 'un. But NOW you've done it. He'll be relentless trying to get Dad to head back to the big water. grin.gif

I've trolled jointed Rapalas behind balls for inland lakers. Works great, but they don't operate too well at speed. They are designed to have enticing action at slow speeds, kind of like the old flatfish and lazy ikes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats to you and your son.