• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SledNeck

Camping Questions

SledNeck

Are chances slim that I can find a campsite on the lake if I get there on saturday morning? I only have an hour drive so I can get there early. If all else fails should I be able to get a spot at wooden frog campground? And are the spots big enough to fit a truck and trailer along with my tent?...Ive never actually drove through the campground before to see what the spots look like, but Ive seen campers there, just wondering if there arent just a select few larger spots.

Down Deep

I would think that you could find a site on Saturday. Lots of people pull up on Friday so they can drive back the city on Saturday. There are also lots of sites that are not on the map.

guts

Woodenfrog would have plenty of space for your units. Nice ramp, no water or electric, guts

SledNeck

Thanks for the replies. Ended up getting a room for the night anyways. Plenty of summer left for camping.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SupraFishin
      Does anyone know where I can rent and/or use a paddle board on Vermilion? Thanks!
    • matt320
      We fished the small lake a few week back the water was really high. No luck with bass around the pads tried Texas rigged worms and spinner baits, we did find crappies in 8-10" around Lilly pads and reeds crappies were caught on panfish leaches and small glow jigs. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.

In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.

Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • ANYFISH2
      Definitely getting ready for archery season!
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Mike89
      I'd try to catch ya at lunch for a bit, if not doing something else...
    • FishingWebGuy
      Am I the only one? Less than two months 'till archery opener. 
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃
    • ifishwalleye
      I bought a used boat and I had the dealer install my Lowrance HDS on the dash. There was already two Lowrance units that came with the Boat. One mounted in the bow and the other in the dash. So when the dealer installed my HDS, the networked it to the older unit from the dash. My sonar on the HDS would only work if the dash unit was on. I really don’t know the advantages of doing this?  Anyways, this past weekend I landed the boat and the dash unit wouldn’t power up. I checked and I did have power going to the unit. Hence no sonar. I had to go old school and caught 10 eyes! Lol so my question is how do I bypass the network so I can just run the HDS? Thanks!