• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

List of Metro Bait Shops...

There is now a sign "Under new ownership, opening late December" in front of the old Mikes (B&B) baitstore north of Forest Lake off of hwy 8 and Greenway. I'll let you know when they are open for business.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawgTime

• FL SNIPER

• Matt Johnson

• tisch008

Quote:

There are a couple on the SE side here that might help out also...

Hastings Outdoors

Hwy 61 on the east side 1/2 mile south of the hastings bridge(good selection about anything you will need for the area)

South St Paul I dont know the name but they olny sell live bait(shiners,fatheads,crappies,waxies,ect....)

They are located on Concord extange about 100 yards south of the Hitching Post in a thrift store right next to a pet store. He is open 10-8pm monday-saturday any questions about them let me know I work right up the street and never knew they were there.

I am looking for more info about the South St. Paul shop if anyone would have a address or better directions. I heard that there used to be a bait shop in St. Paul Park on Hwy. 61, does anyone if there is one there?

Anybody out by Hanover know if any good bait shops? The hardware store in St. Michael has less than spectacular bait.

Just stopped by Johnson's Bait and Tackle. Great minnows at good prices!!!! Every size a guy could want.

...plus he has every color and size Deamon!! I was like a kid in a candy store!

Does anyone know the name/hours/phone # of that fairly new bait store just east of Lyndale near the 58th block?

thanks

whoops-I missed it on this same page. Moore's bait and tackle. Anyone have a phone number for them?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The bait store north of Forest Lake just off of hwy 8 is now OPEN again. It's now called "Mike's Bait off 8". I stopped in there last night. They opened on Christmas Eve day. They said their hours were 5am to 8pm everyday through ice fishing season (end of Feb). They also said you get a free scoop of crappie minnows with any purchase through the first of the year. Not sure how many are in a scoop but I thought that was pretty nice of them.

Shoreline Bait on Hwy 15 in Spring Park closed about a month ago. The building they were in was sold to a real estate developer.

Also, I've been a number of times to 'Tonka Bayt on Hwy 19 in Excelsior/Shorewood. They don't have a lot, but they have the necessities.

Shoreline Bait on Hwy 15 in Spring Park closed about a month ago. The building they were in was sold to a real estate developer.

Also, I've been a number of times to 'Tonka Bayt on Hwy 19 in Excelsior/Shorewood. They don't have a lot, but they have the necessities.

If any of you are ever in the southwest make sure to go to Cabin Fever in Victoria. Jeff does a great job and is very personable.

hey Maximum12

I also live in Eagan and there isn't anything too close. I usually go to Spur in Bloomington-- on Old Shakopee Rd. just North of the river off Hwy 77 or Gander in Lakeville.

hT

If you live ineagan those are your only 2 options. Spur station or Gander mtn. Where do you plan on fishing? Go to who is closest to lake you plan on fishing.

Thanks guys. I'd like to fish some lakes within a couple miles from my house, looks like if I want to do that I'll have to keep a supply on hand!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just curious if there was any interest or a need for someone working at a bait store in the Northwest Suburbs over the summer... I will be home from school and if anyone needed any help with their baitstore I sure would be interested in talking to them... Please feel free to contact me if anyone has any interest... my email is [email protected] I couldn't post on the "job opportunities page so I thought this would be my best option.. Thanks!