• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

List of Metro Bait Shops...

Roy's Bait in Excelsior closed this year after the owner, Ike Iverson, was killed in a robbery by a former employee.

Minnetonka Outdoors on Highway 7 in Minnetonka opened recently with a good supply of tackle and bait.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawgTime

• FL SNIPER

• Matt Johnson

• tisch008

Please note: Anglers Paradise moved out 1 year ago from it's location in Anoka on Hwy. 10. It is now called Actions Fishing. We have expanded our inventory and improved our bait selection. We also open at 6 a.m. on the weekends,now. We still offer electronics selection. We are an authorized Minn-Kota repair shop and a Direct Dealer for Lowrance, Eagle, Minn-Kota, Vexilar and Motor Guide.

I have been in the shop that is now actions fishing and it is a big improvement over what anglers was... Jack helped me out with questions on electronics and did a great job on the electronics he installed on my boat.

I can vouch for Actions fishing. Great help with a lowrance problem I had, very reasonable service prices, he even helped me with a wiring issue on my truck.

This is a good list to have...takes alot wondering out of where to get bait at ...pick a lake and then pick a bait shop close to where you are going...then get a up to date fishing report from that shop...I like it

Thanks for the list! One side note is that MK fishing in Prior Lake no longer sells Licenses. I found out this past weekend and had to go somewhere else to get a shelter license.

Hey.

Hayes moved out to Minnetonka somewhere. I don't have the address handy.

Niceguy, I've seen frozen smelt at Cub, and some of the SE Asian markets too.

There are a couple on the SE side here that might help out also...

Hastings Outdoors

Hwy 61 on the east side 1/2 mile south of the hastings bridge(good selection about anything you will need for the area)

South St Paul I dont know the name but they olny sell live bait(shiners,fatheads,crappies,waxies,ect....)

They are located on Concord extange about 100 yards south of the Hitching Post in a thrift store right next to a pet store. He is open 10-8pm monday-saturday any questions about them let me know I work right up the street and never knew they were there.

I have to say that I give Minnetonka Outdoors two thumbs up. Its worth a stop on the way out to the west metro lakes, great selection and great service.

I have a buddy who just bought blue ribbon bait in oakdale. He has done a lot with the shop its a lot nicer then it used to be. He a serious fisherman and knows what guys like us need.He has all kinds of stuff(fish house,augers,etc and his price will match those of gander moutani. Stop buy and check out the new BLUE.

I was in Blue Ribbon for the first time since Josh baught the place. It looks great!!!!!!!!

Good to see Jack is still there, that guy has forgotten more about fishing then most of us know, and he's great to chat with.

ANYWAY

Josh has really turned the place around, I hope it works for him, he's a great guy.

I was driiving around posting ICE Series posters and stopped in at Minnetonka Outdoors located just east of Excelsior on hwy 7. Very nice shop and freindly help. Stop in and check them out.

I also noticed that Shoreline Bait isn't on the list. Another great bait shop located on #15 in Spring Park Bay just accross the street from the access we will be using for the Tonka ICE Series.

I have to say I really like the new Joe's Sporting Goods in St. Paul. They are just south of Hwy 36 on Rice street. They have good bait and give nice scoops and the employees are very knowledgable and helpful.

There are many bait shops on Minnetonka. Kirby's is my favorite, right next to the public launch on the north side of Cook's Bay in Mound - many call it Surfside. They give me fat scoops of fresh bait, re-fill my propane tanks, and offer innovative "local" tackle. Everyone that works there is actively tuned into the local fishing. They always have what I need (to catch fish), but not always what I want (the latest ad fad).

A close second is Minnetonka Outdoors on Hwy 7. I've been going there since the move from Downtown. I have got the part/product/bait I needed/wanted every visit in the past five years plus. Tom is one of the best! If you need a part or repair, this IS the place. Treat yourselves and look for the GIANT ORANGE TIP-UP FLAG, just west of the light on Vine Hill Road - turn south onto the service road.

Oh yeah, Shoreline Bait in Spring Park is ... convenient ... like 7-11, I mean CitGo. I especially like the exercise, down and up the stairs. I need it - friendly dog too.

See you on Tonka.

dsludge

There is also a Bait store in Centerville I did not see mentioned Used to be called Triples maket and it is now a Marathon Gas station but still sells all types of minnows and a limited supply of other stuff And the prices are reasonable on the North side of Cty 14 as you head to the lakes from 35E

Quote:

There is also a bait store in Osseo right off County Rd. 81, next to Perkins. The sign says "Guns & Bait."

That one's been closed for years.

FYI. The pad is closed down for good !!! and river road bait is closed for the season and maybe for good the owner jack hasent decided yet if hes gonna reopen or not in the spring ...

any of em carry special bait? (anuthing other then suckers, shiners, fathead/crappies, waxies, crawlers, and angle worms)

• 9 months later...

Moore's Bait & Tackle opened on September 1st. They're at 58th & Lyndale S. Mpls. A co-worker of mine at the Star Trib's husband owns it.

Is the Bait Store just north of Forest Lake off of Hwy 8 open now? It was recently B&B Bait. It had closed down during the summer. There was a note on the door awhile back saying it would re-open.

Now I see trucks out front but they maybe doing work on the store inside (remodeling?). I should really just swing in there and find out, but I figured maybe somebody on here would know for sure. Thanks. If I find out before anyone posts I will be sure to post the info.

Ah yes, the return of hawgTime! How goes it Mike? Looking to get on some bulls this winter?

If you mean Joe's Sporting Goods near Rice street then yes...they sell bait...minnows, worms, i'm not real positive about waxies or euros though.

Waxies as well at Joes. What I like about joes is they have those tiny, tiny crappie minnows that I like to use on my tiny ice jigs.

Great bait at Joes. They also have suckers and Shiners