• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hows the landing on clear never fished it in the summer, winter only. Am i gunna have any problems landing a 20 ft boat and a 2 wheel drve pick up?

Thanks. just wanted to make sure. good fishing! 2o25 lund pro v stop by and say hi.

Quote:

You shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck,

Dave

I would actually have to disagree.... That landing is very shallow so you would have to back off the cement on to the sand and it can get a bit tricky with a 2wd pickup. Just my thoughts.

i would agree, was there just a couple weeks ago with a 16'lund mr.pike. shallow launch,backed truck in alot further than i liked too!

It is a shallow launch, and washed out to boot. I like to have someone with me when I launch on Clear, or I usually have to get in the water to get the boat off and back on straight.

And I only have a 16' boat. Pulling it out isn't too bad, but you will have to back wayyyyy in. A think a 2WD would be tricky as well.

I'll echo the posts - water is way down, and launch is washed out. COUNT on wading out to push your boat off the trailer, and wading out to get it back on. Not a big bother - I've done it a lot this year with my 17.5 ft Alumacraft. You may have issues loading square with a roller trailer, due to the washouts causing the trailer being tipped. Good news, is that when I left my boat tied to the far side of the dock and moved my car - and forgot to put in the plug - it only had to go about 6" before it sank to the bottom!

The ramp is very low this year. I got out just fine with my dakota 2wd tho. I have a 14ft almcraft. Anything bigger I'm sure I would start spiting the tires.

I went last saturday. Fishing was decent. Worked deep in the pads with spinner baits and weedless bleeding tubes. 10 or so were caught. Nothing larger then a rare 4lbs. Threw bubble gum wacky rig under docks. Pulled out the smaller bunch of lmouths.

If you see a man swearing at jet skiers that would be I.

• 3 weeks later...

fishing was alright 2 walters and 2 northerns and the landing wasnt that bad

concreteman, the landing is not as bad as some are saying. a 2025 is a big boat but I had no problem getting my 1850 sportfish in and out. I have 4WD but did not have to use it. You do have to back a little farther in but it is not horrible. The water is low on all lakes and Clear is no exception to that. good luck

i've been in and out of there a couple times now its not bad at all. anyone having any luck out there with the wally's?

Wondering the same thing? I've done awesome early ice for a few years now but the summer I just can't get it going? I've thrown jigs cranks lindys drifting trolling with bow mount and with big motor but it's not happining for me. I've talked to a few people at the launch that have been on the fish tho.

The landing, well it's ok, but that side of the lake is really shallow. Plan on getting your feet wet. Maybe you will, maybe not, but at least you won't be surprised when you have to. tongue.gif

As far as fishing goes, I haven't been there for a while. Last time I was there I didn't do very good looking for the walleyes. Everyone knows where they hang out in the spring, but I haven't really been able to find them in the summer. I mostly was on the western half of the lake last time out, but in looking at the map on the dnr site, I think I'm going to try the eastern half of the lake more next time. The eastern half runs deeper than the western half.

• 1 month later...

Checking if there is any word on this lake. Haven't been out there in about a month. I was wondering if the eye bite is going at all.

I went out this morning, got on the water at 6:15am. I was debating on whether I should stop for minnows or get to the lake earlier and I decided to skip the bait this time. I caught some fish, but I sorta had a problem with keeping them on the line.

I first picked up a couple dinky bass trolling cranks along the weedline on the west side of the lake, left of the landing. Then I lost a 2 pound bass up near the northwest corner. I moved over to the hump/underground island that's right in the middle of the lake and started working that with a jig and plastic combo. Almost right on top of the hump I hooked and landed my first muskie. On a 3" grub, 1/8 ounce jig and 6lb mono no less. It wasn't a huge fish, about 28", but it was fun to catch anyway. I didn't get a picture because I was alone and I was more worried about getting the fish back in the water rather than fiddling with the camera phone for a couple minutes trying to get a decent shot. smirk.gif

I moved over to the bar and had what I would guess as somewhere between a 3 and 4 pound bass on that got off. I did get a couple more smaller bass over there too. The final spot I tried was back over on the west side of the lake to the right of the landing near the weedlines. I hooked into a decent walleye just outside the weedlines in about 11 feet, but it was another fish that got off.

I don't know why I lost so many nice fish, it was kinda frustrating. I haven't lost that many fish for a while, but catching that muskie was pretty cool.