• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Work Related

Imagine that.....

I need to know if there is a mono line that measures .004" or under. Anyone have a spool handy or know off hand?

dtro Thats not spirderwire its spider web!Got your Bifocals? I may have something close,no way to measure it but I've some 1/2 lb.test & 3/8s.Them cats gettin finicky on ya? crazy.gif Have ya tried a fly shop?

DTRO,

I don not have any, but the guys at work stated "stren" makes very small diameter line. They use for fly fishing.

Also I found berkly fire line make .004 in a 6lbs test

[Note from Admin. - Please Read Forum Policy]

good luck

1lb mono huh?

I'll look into that thanks.

I know the braid gets that small, but I need the stiffness of a mono. Not concerned about strength.

I'll keep brainstorming......

Look for some mono type sewing thread at a fabric store, I think you'll be able to find what you're looking for at a place like that.

Yes there is. Tectan monofilament is sold by Cabelas and you will be able to find it at the Cabelas web site. Their 2# test is .0031 and 3.1# test is 0.0039. It is very good line. I believe the one you want is Premium Plus, probably in clear although I think they sell green also. I use the 3# for trout fishing and it is excellent for the purpose.

Second, if you need just a small amount, use 8x fly fishing tippet material.

May I ask your application for this fine line?

Quote:

Yes there is. Tectan monofilament is sold by Cabelas and you will be able to find it at the Cabelas web site. Their 2# test is .0031 and 3.1# test is 0.0039. It is very good line. I believe the one you want is Premium Plus, probably in clear although I think they sell green also. I use the 3# for trout fishing and it is excellent for the purpose.

Second, if you need just a small amount, use 8x fly fishing tippet material.

May I ask your application for this fine line?

Thanks, will look into that as well.

As far as application?....I could tell you but, well you know the rest. grin.gif

Sure, Rio Powerflex 7x tippet material is .004 in, and 8x is .003 in. Pretty small stuff but needed if you plan on using size 32 trico dry flies.