• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ZDavidMiller

6/12 CLEAR LAKE REPORT

ZDavidMiller

GOT OUT AT 1:05 AM LEFT AT 3:08 AM, IT WAS CLOUDY AND LIGHT WAS MINIMAL, FISHED FROM SHORE BY THE GATED CULVERT ON THE WEST BAY OF THE LAKE. WE WERE CASTING BLUE ORIGINAL HUSKY JERKS STRAIGHT OUT IN ABOUT 4' OF WATER OVER A ROCK SHELF. WE LANDED THREE WALLEYES ALL AROUND 15-18". I'LL POST A PICTURE LATER.

Sandmannd

Are you talking about Clear up by Forest Lake?

ZDavidMiller

THATS THE ONE! HERE IS THE SMALLER EYE. NOT REAL BIG, BUT A GOOD TABLE SIZE.

Picture002.jpg

brittman

Suggestion - share your success stories, but you may not want to share specifics about your location.

Next time you try fish there - spot may be taken - even at 1AM.

Glad you had success.

william wallace

I would agree.

fisherman-andy

I think whether a person wants to share information or not is totally up to their own discretion. It isn't wrong.

But if it's a fairly small lake with little pressure it's a good idea not to reveal locations or honey holes to the public as it will increase the fishing pressure.

william wallace

imo - any person that gives the lake and a specific spot on that lake has no respect for that lake or its fish (on smaller lakes of course which clear lake is) Clear used to be a good lake and now it gets way too crowded with people keeping everything they catch. Clear used to be my favorite lake now I steer CLEAR

ZDavidMiller

THAT LAKE GETS OVERPRESSURED ANYWAY, PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH THE LAKE. THOSE EYES ARE STOCKED ANYWAY, INTENDED BY THE DNR, TO BE TAKEN AND EATEN. I HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT SHARING THE LOCATIONS WHERE I CATCH FISH. I HAVE ALWAYS APPRECIATED SOMEONE PUTTING ME ON THE FISH.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE LAKE, WHAT DOES YOUR OPINION MATTER?

WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT, I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PRIDE IN HELPING SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME TO GET OUT EVERYDAY AND LEARN THE LAKE GET ON THE FISH. BESIDES ALL OF THAT, THERE ARE GOOD NUMBERS OF FISH IN THAT LAKE, YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIND THEM. WHETHER IN A BOAT OR ON SHORE I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM FINDING THE WALLEYES ON CLEAR, AND I HAVE NO GUILT ABOUT KEEPING WHAT I CATCH, REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER HOLIER-THAN-THOU RANTS YOU CAN SPIN OFF IN MY DIRECTION. I HAVE GOOD JUDGEMENT WHEN IT COMES TO THE SIZE I AM LOOKING FOR. I ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO GO FISH CLEAR, I WISH THEM GOOD LUCK, AND SHARE YOUR SUCCESS WITH EVERYONE!

ZACH

Sandmannd

Well said Zach. I don't have a problem with people sharing. I'm new to MN and fishing from a boat so it always helps to get some idea where to do. I don't usually get specifics but just because he said where he was catching them doesn't mean they are going to be there tomorrow. I've had a ton of people come and anchor next to me when I'm catching fish and I think that's a lot worse. If ya ever want to head out on clear in a boat give me a shout Zach, I'm up there on weekends at times.

shorefisher

I love reading fishing reports like this and to see pictures is even better! I wish there were more post like this here as time of day, bait, etc. Help us learn and be better fisherpeople and that is what makes me come to this site. Now on posting the lake and spot thats up to the poster. For me just because he hit a few eye's that night will not make me run over there as getting a few eye's can be done on many, many lakes around the state. I would love to read more post like this with or with out the location but would not slam someone like that if they did. Nice fish Zach!

FishingRebel

There are more than 10,000 lakes in MN, so if somebody wants to reveal one, it is cool! But back to the topic, Clear lake is a really well known metro lake for it's eyes. Im sure most people have heard of this lake or fished it already... Even if it is true that the eyes were caught from shore, I dont think the eyes will be that close to shore after the weather warms up anyways.. So people just need to calm down regarding others revealing shore fishing spots on Clear... People have the right to keep secrets, but if others wants to reveal, they have the right to reveal their secrets as well.....

william wallace

pathetic

fishonnopeoff

Quote:

pathetic

Yes it is...... and I am with Zack on this one.

BTW was out there today and got two nice eaters. 45 15'41.77"N 93 00'39.05"w wink.gif

ZDavidMiller

SANDMAN,

THAT SOUNDS GREAT, I DO HAVE A BOAT AS WELL, IT IS ONLY 14', AND WILL BE OUT OF THE REPAIR SHOP MONDAY. SHOOT ME AN EMAIL, I FISH CLEAR LAKE QUITE A BIT, BUT I ALSO HAVE A GOOD ROUTINE ON CHRISTMAS FOR TROUT, AND I AM TRYING TO GET INTO RIVER FISHING MAYBE POOL 2. MY E-MAIL IS millerza@go.metrostate.edu.

I WILL BE POSTING ANOTHER REPORT MONDAY MORNING.

Iceman73

I remember a time when people actually helped each other out on this forum. Not specific spots, but depth, bait, presentation, etc. A lot of people seem to be overly closemouthed about any info. As someone stated above, isn't the point of these forums to help each other out? I understand the fears of overfishing a lake, as I've seen it happen even without the info getting on a forum, but I think people need to lighten up.

waterhog

i agree with you iceman!! its not like giving out gps coordinates! haha i havent fished clear lake in a very long time, so i'm not sure if it is worth a trip vs forest or one of the chisago lakes??