• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hoppe56307

Finding Fish After a Storm

hoppe56307

I am hoping to get out tonight and do some fishing, I was wondering were I should start looking since we had a pretty good thunder storm last evening. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Borch

Wind has been blowing all day out of the SE. I'd concentrate on breaks on the northern or western side. Not a major front as the wind is blowing from the same direction it has been blowing from the past 3-4 days.

hoppe56307

Thanks for the info, i did make it out, and found fish but i could not find any decent sized fish. We did catch about 50 crappies with the biggest being about 6", 1 perch about 12", and one smallmouth about 18" cool.gif(all fish were catch and release), all and all it was a nice evening spent on the water.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• imhatz
      Latest update from Crane lake.....people are hopeful and are predicting a possible ice out May 7...Been some good deterioration this week  
    • Hoey
      It is my understanding that Pepin ice went out with the assist of the Coast Guard ice breaker.  
    • Mike89
      used to know some of the dutchmen down there, crazy group of folks but sure fun!!!  lots of bike rides!!!! 
    • woody1975
      Both are correct - New Ulm!   DL
    • MinDak Hunter
      The ice was very crystallized last night but still 20+ inches.
    • SupraFishin
      Saw this on Facebook:  
    • BrianF
      Drifter, I hope you are right about having more open water than ice.  Was looking more closely at the average ice out dates maintained by the DNR. The avg dates for the lakes that dot the southern most part of the state are approximately one month ahead of the lakes that dot the northern part of the state like Burnt, Kab, and Vermilion.  As of this morning, none of those lakes in the southern part of the state are ice out.  Are we still a month away from open water on V then?  God I hope not, but the math isn’t helping me feel confident. 
    • meerkat
      I heard there is open water in the oak narrows by Timbuktu marina!!
    • kelly-p
      "Kelly looks like you need an extension for your dock."   But I don't think I have to worry about any boats hitting it.    It should be an interesting Opener.
    • BRULEDRIFTER
      A truck broke through Birch Lake the other day in like 20fow, an ATV broke through Prairie Lake and a man lost his life. The ice is deteriorating RAPIDLY. There will be some ice chunks, but I firmly believe there will be more open water than ice by May 12.  Temps up here are forecasted near 70 for a few days next week.