• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will be camping at Scenic State park next week, was wondering on suggestions/ideas anyone would have for fishing Sandwick/Coon or any other close by lakes that I could get a 17 ft boat into? Thanks for your help!

I've never fished up there, but have heard there's some good fishing for decent sized panfish in both lakes. I'd imagine the bass fishing is good up there too. I think there maybe a special slot on northerns up there too? A majority of the lakes in that area are bass/panfish/northern lakes. If you go to the MN DNR website and click on Lake Finder, you should be able to figure out which lakes interest you. As far as the landing situations in that area, I'm not sure, but you shouldn't have too much trouble, if any with a 17' boat. There's also been posts on this forum and the Grand Rapids forum about the Scenic State Park area, so doing a search would help too. Good Luck and post your results. The Scenic State Park is less than an hour from my place and I've never been there, time to do a road trip with the family!

Don't forget the bug dope as the mosquitos are out in force!!!

Brian