Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofishfisherman

Minnehaha confluence

19 posts in this topic

Any recent reports from the Minnehaha area of the Mississippi? I might head down for some shore fishing this week. I haven't been down in a few weeks, so if anyone has a report on whats biting I would like to hear it.

Big Walleyes after dark.... grin.gif....#9 Silver "original" floater....

Flats007.jpg

Thats a 25"er

Been down there twice in the last two weeks. Smallies and largemouth on leeches, a sheepshead, some gills in the river. Up in the creek aways some more smallies and carp and gills. The water is still fairly high the last time I was down there, and I have been reading some real good reports(see Oly's posts). Pool 2 sounds like its pretty decent right about now.

No fish in the creek waters to low for anything to get past the bridge.

thanks guys. I am hoping the rain we get with these storms this week will bring the water level up a little. I might try to get down there again soon. Probably won't make it much past dark though.

I saw that this morning.

It blows my mind that someone could just dump 20-30 gallons of oil into the creek like that. I think the punishment should be that he has to drink one of those gallons of oil. He obviously doesn't think it is too harmful if he is willing to dump it where ever he wants.

Hopefully they got it contained and it didn't make it down the creek very farm. I am planning on trying to get out there sometime in the next few days.

Environmental crews were able to contain most of it before it reached the water.

With as many "free" disposal site around Mpls and St Paul, why would anyone take the risk of doing this. Pretty much all oil change stations take in for free and filters too. I think it was a prank or maybe a really old man that has done it for years. Another sad topic in our little world.

No kidding. Any place that changes oil is required to take in used oil. Not too mention auto parts stores. It's not that hard to get rid of it.

Ralph - I used to take my oil to Rapid oil change, but they found a loop hole in the law and they won't take it anymore.

Checker Auto parts is the only one I know that will take used oil. Up to 5 Gallons per day or something.

Any ways - It's sad to see people that have no respect what so ever for the environment. I assume the oil dumper is not a tree hugger or fisher(person). Maybe Peta?

According to Hennepin County:

Quote:

Retailers that sell oil or filters must post a sign listing the nearest drop-off facilities for used oil.

I know the AutoZone on Winnetka and 36th in Crystal/New Hope for sure will take your oil.

Funny I was talking about the Checker store on Bass Lake Rd in Crystal. BC, Crystal, Newhope is my old hood:)

Well Valvoline used to, but stopped 2 yrs ago I think

Oh keeping on topic. How's the fishing down there? I went to Hidden Falls last week and the fishing has slowed for me. Still managed 5 small smallies, 2 sheepies and a small pike and about the same for my buddy. Crankbaits were the only thing we could muster a bite on.

The bite was slower but still ok at the creek mouth last sunday.

I didn't do that well but there was one 20" eye and a 16" Sauger caught along with some rough fish and some smallies.

I am guessing everyday will be different and very hit and miss.

Hey Ebass,

You stated that Crystal/New Hope was your stomping grounds so were abouts did you grow up and what were the years or High School??? I'm from the class of 1990 -Cooper High. Crystal was my home and I lived behind the OLD Champion Auto parts store that is not longer there. Maybe I know you???

Meat-Run

Quote:

I am guessing everyday will be different and very hit and miss.

Yeah I think so especially for shore fishing in the areas you guys are talking about after dark has been decent for me recently with some quality fish but lower numbers of fish caught for sure.

The Flathead bite should slow considerably soon, my plan then will be to Troll, Troll, Troll and Troll some more!!!

Quote:

The Flathead bite should slow considerably soon, my plan then will be to Troll, Troll, Troll and Troll some more!!!

Say it ain't so!!! shocked.gif

Pier, you might have to put me on some 'eyes sometime. I think I could handle a little trolling. We pulled some rigs this weekend. I remember why I'm a bass fisherman at heart blush.gif

Meat-Run - I too am a Cooper grad 92. My non FM name is Eric N, and I still hang around Billy V and Akbar (both from 92) My brother is from 88 (Scott) and lives up in Clearwater now.

Tonka Boy is from Cooper to (Matt M) otherwise I don't know any other Hawks on here.