Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blue_healer_guy

soft water newbie

4 posts in this topic

I have a week of vacation and am taking my 2 sons 12,9. My trip runs a week starting June 9th, I see there is a FM event that day which I won't make it up there by then. We will be tenting mainly in the Bemidji area but would love to come to LOW for a day trip or 2 full days. I would love to give my 2 boys a LOW experience.

1. Is their a resort that would offer a campground?

2. Where would be the best area to go. I have fished the lake many times in the winter, just follow the roads.

3. Crawlers, leeches or what?

4. We love to do all kinds of fishing, spinners, jigs, cranks etc. Would one be better than the other.

5. Just want to give my sons an experience with dad they won't forget.. Alot of questions I know and don't know I will make the 2 hr drive, but I have to be prepared if we do it. any info would help greatly.

Thanks for any help. P.s I know I should get and would get a guide but budget is pretty thin.

Zipple Bay State Park is a good place to camp. They have a nice marina and good fishing close by.

Minnows and leeches have been working the best for us. We've been pulling spinners, but sounds like the jig bite is still on.

Welcome, the bite is on.I had the best action with crawlers&silver spinner rigs. Gold is the normal color up here, but for some reason silver worked well this spring.I fished in 10 to 20 feet of water over sand and rock rubble. found the post spawners were hanging around there.Now that it is a little later, try all options and depths.No one thing always works, so bring the big tackle box.. Good luck.

<)><

Hey I see your home was Dave up to I Talked to Kens brother Friday nite said they did good.I bet you didnt have problems catching any.See ya guys soon!!

BAT