Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

Stinger hooks

Scoot

Virtually all of the stinger hooks I find have snells that are tied too short. Who makes a nice stinger hook, that is long enough, to add to my jig?

gunflint

Make your own?

fiskyknut

Ditto that Gunflint, save a few pennies that way too!

Schloogs

Am I mistaken or are stinger hooks illegal in Minnesota?

slick814

I make my own too... that way you get exactly what you want.

Schloogs - nope, they aren't illegal in Minnesota. cool.gif A stinger tied to a jig is considered one lure. What would be illegal would be to double, which would be to have two lures attached to the same line. Like a Rapala with something hanging down below it that also is a lure. That you can't do here, because it is considered two lures.Or having multiple single hooks like is used on a trotline. A stinger, however, is no different than having multiple treble hooks on a crankbait.

WCT

A word of caution: stinger hooks are legal in Mn. but I think there is a restriction on length. I think the limit is 4 inches but I'm not 100% on that. Old Sneller

slipperybob

I think that the treble stinger hook must be such that it does not idependently work on it's own. That's where the limitation of length comes in. If a fish inhales your lure, will it inhale the stinger hook?