• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stinger hooks

Virtually all of the stinger hooks I find have snells that are tied too short. Who makes a nice stinger hook, that is long enough, to add to my jig?

Ditto that Gunflint, save a few pennies that way too!

Am I mistaken or are stinger hooks illegal in Minnesota?

I make my own too... that way you get exactly what you want.

Schloogs - nope, they aren't illegal in Minnesota. cool.gif A stinger tied to a jig is considered one lure. What would be illegal would be to double, which would be to have two lures attached to the same line. Like a Rapala with something hanging down below it that also is a lure. That you can't do here, because it is considered two lures.Or having multiple single hooks like is used on a trotline. A stinger, however, is no different than having multiple treble hooks on a crankbait.

A word of caution: stinger hooks are legal in Mn. but I think there is a restriction on length. I think the limit is 4 inches but I'm not 100% on that. Old Sneller

I think that the treble stinger hook must be such that it does not idependently work on it's own. That's where the limitation of length comes in. If a fish inhales your lure, will it inhale the stinger hook?