Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pwcracer

Fished all day, no real fish :(

4 posts in this topic

A friend and I fished all day Saturday on pool 2, south 494 and couldn't catch any walleyes. We tried wingdams, backwaters, dropoffs, etc and all we could bring in were sheepheads... lots of sheepheads. I did have one fish hit a crankbait, but lost him at the boat..

Any advice? I tried worms, plastics, crankbaits, lindy rigs, etc.. no luck.. unless you call a 10 lb cat luck..

Troll shad raps in the rip rap near the railroad tracks in 6-8' of water.

Keep plugging away. I had great luck Saturday casting crankbaits to wingdams and other rocky structure. The fish are active, so don't sit on any one spot to long. Cover an area, then move on.

A week ago yesterday (5/14) I got basically skunked. Yesterday, I had 5 eyes off the top of 3 different wingdams before the sun rose, then nothing. It was a bit frustrating to not be able to adjust, because the fish were diffinately on the chew. I was using a larger sized jointed shad rap, perhaps I should have reduced in size after the light conditions increased. It's always a puzzle! grin.gif