Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big drift

A ski surprise,,,

5 posts in this topic

On Saturday at o dark 30. We were wading off of Diamond Point not much happening and I took a knee in about a foot of water just off from the old launch spot. Well heard a splash right next to me turned on the head lamp and a big pig muskie was laying right there well over 42" with a smaller probably closer to 36" laying right alongside, I am sure they were a spawning pair, so we watched em for a bit as they cruised around out feet and then drifted off.

I tell ya turning that light on and first thing ya see is those eyes looking at ya that close wakes ya up. All in all way cool.

Thats a great story and a real neat thing to see. Did you get any eyes?

One little eye and one northern, spent way to much time avoiding boats in 3 fow, I mean really do folks have to get that close to the shoreline.

Did better Saturday night on the trout with the kids, and again on Sundsay. We ended up with 25 trout from Saturday and Sunday with some real nice ones.

I want to let things settle a bit before taking the kids out after eyes to many yahoos to make it enjoyable.

It was funny watching younger guys playing bumper boats and yelling at each other. Especially the ones running shallow getting hung up on Diamond Point Bar wished i had a video of that.

Drift

Call me at the office now. 755-3921

Quote:

I mean really do folks have to get that close to the shoreline.

I went to BSU and while attending that glorious establishment of higher learning I along with my buddies fished Diamond Point a LOT at night. We had the same experiences as you did with the boats though. I was very frustrated when they could fish the entire lake and they anchor right in front of you.

One experience we heard a boat coming and turned our headlamps on so they could see us. The stopped literally 30 feet from me and anchored RIGHT where we were casting the edge of the dropoff. I told them that it was ridiculous that they could fish anywhere and they had to set up right there and no reply. So, I casted my #11 countdown across the bow of the little metal boat and began to crank it in. I heard the tink tink as it his the one side of the boat and dragged across the floor of the boat and then over the other side and splashed back into the water.

Without a word, they pulled up their anchor and left.