• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thinking about renting a cabin in July on Big McDonald or possibly Little McDonald.Any opinions on this lake for sunnies and crappies.First time bringing the family to this area,so looking for a cabin.Thanks for any info.

Not sure about the crappies over there but lots of area lakes that have good populations of both with a very short drive. A very good night walleye lake if thats something you are interested in. Tons of bass to keep the kids happy. Bobber and a leech and the bass go nuts. Have Fun.

my mother in-law has a year round home on the lake so i spend a lot of time there. Both in the summer and winter. There are nice crappies in the lake but what I really like to tackle are the huge bluegills. The fishing isnt quite as good as it was a few years back, but there are still opportunities for crappies, sunfish, and bass. There are a ton of really small northerns. Ive caught hundreds of northerns but not any over 2lbs. Im not much of a walleye angler, but the few walleyes ive got have been pretty nice. I dont know what the resort charges but they seem to be busy every summer. We like to drive by and check license plates to how far people come. Hope this helps you out.

I fish it quite a bit in the summer as my inlaws have a cabin there. Sunfish are very abundant. Grab a lakemap and you will do fine. I don't fish much crappie in that lake. Sorry.

Shae- Can you comment on the night walleye fishing? I have had decent luck on the mid-lake bar/point, but it is really hit and miss for me. I've always thought the night bite would be good, but get little opportunites to try it. Any input would be appreciated.

2-shae is right. I have fished little and there are Very nice populations of all fish there. I have caught some nice crappies as well -- by accident.

Nice walleye bite late.

Good family fish range.

After dark trolling long flats, 20-30 feet, but dont overlook the open water in that real deep water like 50 feet where teh walleyes are suspended. I didn't make it out there at all last year i was too busy chasing muskies and walleyes in other lakes.