• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

robby

Thinking about renting a cabin in July on Big McDonald or possibly Little McDonald.Any opinions on this lake for sunnies and crappies.First time bringing the family to this area,so looking for a cabin.Thanks for any info.

shae1986

Not sure about the crappies over there but lots of area lakes that have good populations of both with a very short drive. A very good night walleye lake if thats something you are interested in. Tons of bass to keep the kids happy. Bobber and a leech and the bass go nuts. Have Fun.

scotta

my mother in-law has a year round home on the lake so i spend a lot of time there. Both in the summer and winter. There are nice crappies in the lake but what I really like to tackle are the huge bluegills. The fishing isnt quite as good as it was a few years back, but there are still opportunities for crappies, sunfish, and bass. There are a ton of really small northerns. Ive caught hundreds of northerns but not any over 2lbs. Im not much of a walleye angler, but the few walleyes ive got have been pretty nice. I dont know what the resort charges but they seem to be busy every summer. We like to drive by and check license plates to how far people come. Hope this helps you out.

walleyeguy23

I fish it quite a bit in the summer as my inlaws have a cabin there. Sunfish are very abundant. Grab a lakemap and you will do fine. I don't fish much crappie in that lake. Sorry.

Shae- Can you comment on the night walleye fishing? I have had decent luck on the mid-lake bar/point, but it is really hit and miss for me. I've always thought the night bite would be good, but get little opportunites to try it. Any input would be appreciated.

Dahitman44

2-shae is right. I have fished little and there are Very nice populations of all fish there. I have caught some nice crappies as well -- by accident.

Nice walleye bite late.

Good family fish range.

shae1986

After dark trolling long flats, 20-30 feet, but dont overlook the open water in that real deep water like 50 feet where teh walleyes are suspended. I didn't make it out there at all last year i was too busy chasing muskies and walleyes in other lakes.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
    • james_walleye
      Because I'm sure he was serious about Molotov cocktails.  Is there an eyeroll button? 
    • Bigfatbert
      I agree with your neighbor , it isn't a big deal , your grass will grow back , and my guess is with the spring rains , all poop pellets will disintegrate and be totally gone soon , if they are not already gone ..  my question is what the heck are you planning to do with Molotov cocktails ?  If I saw you toss one at the deer , I would be calling that CO , and he WOULD have something to write YOU a ticket for . .  And if you flung one onto my property , well let's just say you would have a big issue to deal with yourself ,, that would be me !!! My suggestion is to just relax ..
    • Wanderer
      Fence and pressure from the neighborhood is your best best until there is a law against it. Good luck.
    • delcecchi
      My deck?
    • PRO-V
      A letter from all the neighbors or a neighborhood meeting with him sounds like a good first thing to try. Maybe he'll get the hint. Better than war.
    • james_walleye
      Got a good tree for a stand? Haha
    • CigarGuy
      Rig up a motion sensor with a horn or alarm of some kind.
    • delcecchi
      New neighbor decided he likes to feed deer in the winter, and he does so right on our side of his yard.   The food attracts many many deer, and so our yard now has a big mudhole as well as bushels of deer pellets.    (free for the raking).    Nobody on the road is very happy about him feeding the deer since they tramp around the area and stand on the road and so on.    He didn't sound like "oops won't do that anymore" but more like "no big deal, it will wash away and the grass will grow back"    Anybody got any suggestions?   CO says "nothing that he can do", Town board isn't happy either but isn't convinced they can do anything.   I'm thinking that if they pass a rule, then I can take him to small claims court every spring until he stops wrecking our lawn.   Molotov cocktails are a last resort.   I am thinking of a fence that I put up in the fall to funnel the deer away from my yard.   Snowfence is too short but might help discourage them....   I really don't want war with the neighbor but this can't go on.    I'll talk to him again and see what he is thinking....   Maybe a letter from all his neighbors...   I need ideas...
    • hamboneco
      My buddy and I are hoping to make it in to Little Trout Lake the week after next.   Sitting a canoe has become a little less comfortable over the years, so our idea is to row/pole our way through the channel from Trout Lake in our 16' boat, then row around and drift in Little Trout, while catching some nice walleyes.   Hoping we can get through whatever remains of the beaver dam in the channel without getting in the water.    If anyone has been in to Little Trout lately, does this seem doable?    Poling through the channel always worked years ago when motors were allowed on Little Trout, but of course, things can change in 40+ years.   The only bummer is that I was hoping we could leave the motor on the boat and just not fire it up on Little, but the Ranger Station in Cook told me I must remove it and stash it on the Trout Lake side.  Also, although I spent quite a bit of time on Little Trout in the late 50's through the early 70's, I've only been in there a couple times since.  If anyone has any advice on fishing locations, I would gladly accept them.