Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gadgetman

Decent boat landings on Red

4 posts in this topic

I have been told that Rogers will not be letting people that are not staying with them use their landing this year. That being the case where is there a decent landing for a large boat on that side of the lake? Also, is the Tamarack river landing going to be usable this year with the low water problem? Just trying to make plans for the week after opener. Any suggestions by you guys that live up there are greatly appreciated.

Shotley Creek is so shallow that the campground folks won't be able to go out from Roger's. frown.gif

West Winds Resort has a great ramp and protected harbor. The Tamarac launches will also be fine, both ramps are placed in deep outside corners. I launched my 18' Crestliner yesterday without a problem.

Morts has a landing on the S. shore but its not protected so it can be tough getting out with a N,NW,W wind. Rogers is closed to normal people. Their landing should be ok they have a problem with high water big boats cant get under the bridge. Right now the lake looks about like last fall but until all the ice is out its hard to tell. Could use some more rain up here.