Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinfritz

Red Wing or Pepin

12 posts in this topic

Some friends and myself are planning on fishing this Friday. Any recommendations on whether to put in at Red Wing and maybe work south, or put in at Lake City and fish Pepin? I haven't heard any reports from Pepin, and am wondering if things are heating up there, yet.

Also, is the Colville landing usable? I had heard it was under construction, but haven't been there myself.

Thanks.

With 2 tournaments this weekend it is going to busy. Fishing has been good. Hair jigs, minnows, ring worms are all working good. Coville is still under construction. I would launch at baypoint if I were heading out. Stop in and we will give you the latest report.

What two tournaments are going on this weekend?

FLW is one of them.

So Lake City would be busy Friday, too? Does the tournament start Friday, or is it pre-fishing? Are the tournaments based out of Red Wing or Lake City?

Thanks for any information. We may have to change plans.

don't let the touny scare you away there is plenty of water there. you just might want to get there early so you don't have to fight for a spot at the launch.

They will all be prefishing on friday. The tourney is out of Red Wing and most of the fishing will be in the southern part of the main channel, the backchannel, and the head of the lake as well if I had too guess.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I really appreciate all the responses.

The FLW Tour event start on Wednesday May 2nd. However, most guys will arrive on Friday or Saturday of this week to start prefishing. I believe there will be 150 boats fishing the FLW.

You talking walleye or bass? There's a toureny this weekend on pools 4,5 and 5a which is for bass. I think it's either KFAN or Fisher's of Men. I'll be on pool 2. grin.gif

I'm talking about Walleye. The FLW Walleye Tour will be on pools 3,4, and 5 from May 2 through 5th. There will be 150 boats Wednesday through Friday and the top 10 will fish Saturday.

Yeah thats the FLW tour event next week, the big guys. Tomorrow, April 28th, the FLW league event for the Minnesota division is being held at Red Wing. So there are 2 seperate events going on.