• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone tried fishing yet?

Just curious if anyone has tried fishing some of the creeks or backwaters yet. Seems like fish would be in them to escape the current. I saw a boat trailer at the henderson landing today, but I'm not brave enough to take the boat on the river just yet.

well, if you bring your little friend along there, won't matter if the fish bite grin.gif

I've tried a few spots and I really think the water is too cold yet, at least for the white bass (first thing I normally target out of the MN). Usually when the carp are stacked up at the dam in town here you can find some fish. I was there the other night and no sign whatsoever.

Also tried another spot (Hello Dark30 grin.gif are you out there).

No fish at that spot either frown.gif

I say another week or two.

I've gotten a 6 ro 7 channels aready this year all between a pound to two and a half been fishing from shore.

I've seen 6 boats on the river since friday. Talked to a one of the guys monday and he said the water was 48 degrees. He didn't catch anything in the mouths of the feeder creeks.

I was out around Courtland area last Sunday, snagged one buffalo and lost one big somthing or other. We concentrated on the back waters looking for crappies and found water temps up to 46.5 degrees. I think in a week or two if we have warmer than average weather the back waters temperatures will be prime for the pickins.

Quote:

Also tried another spot (Hello Dark30
grin.gif
are you out there).

No fish at that spot either
frown.gif

He should be getting back from CA sometime soon. He probably is getting his fill of Ocean fishing.

We just got home this morning. I didn't get to fish as much as I had hoped but had a great time in the sun! One thing tho...don't ever go to Disney during spring break!!!! crazy.gif

I see the river is gonna go back up some more. I don't think anything much is gonna happen for another few weeks. We need to get some more real warm weather and rain to warm the water yet. I think it was towards the end of April last year before the whites woke up good....we'll see.

I'll post some clips in the video sharing area of some salt water action.

The river by GranitFalls is cookin right now did'nt even try I dont have any weights over 2 lbs.