Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finlander

Any open water around Osakis-Alex. area?

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering ifinz I shoud bring my 6'-6" panfish rod or my ice fishing rods to my cabin on Osakis this weekend? smile.gif

Getting dark blue, but still a ways off. I'm still shooting for april 15 for ice free. Shore is getting poor for access. My best advise for this weekend around Alex would be to clean up and get ready for open water. I saw one man on a lake today, I'm sure there are more. I get too cold in ice water myself. Odds are, there will be some open areas by currents, might try some shore action for crappies. Good luck, I'll try to post my observations on Friday, Brent

I'm thinking if we keep getting the rain and wind that are forecast, we'll be icefree by the 10th of April.

This stuff is hard on ice.

My best advise now would be stop on over here with a case and we'll sit around, watch it rain and tell stories!

Realistically this rain is taking days off the ice. Looking like earlier ice out than I thought. Tomorrow will tell a different story for many bodies of water.

You said YOU have the case????

laugh.gifshocked.gifwink.gif

I have it not, my guide has it for me! Aren't you the guide??

Just got back from Osakis-Alex. area and the ice is totally black looking and I think only aq few days away from opening up!

Osakis on the north end has open water out around 75' in most places and an open spot out from Coon point about 25' wide and a couple hundred feet long out towards Buck point.

Most lakes pretty similar conditions! blush.gif

Quote:

I have it not, my guide has it for me! Aren't you the guide??

Hmmm, sounds familiar. Maybe we had the same guide. grin.gif

Minnewaska opened up today.

Has anybody been around Lake Miltona lately? What does the ice look like up there? Thanks

Miltona is dark, but barely pulled away from shore anywhere. I think it'll be a week yet.

With this cold weather moving in it might start making ice! mad.gifshocked.gif

Thanks for the update woodland, keep me posted. I want to try and plan a trip up to Miltona for the weekend after ice out.