• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Finlander

Any open water around Osakis-Alex. area?

Finlander

Just wondering ifinz I shoud bring my 6'-6" panfish rod or my ice fishing rods to my cabin on Osakis this weekend? smile.gif

fisherking01

Getting dark blue, but still a ways off. I'm still shooting for april 15 for ice free. Shore is getting poor for access. My best advise for this weekend around Alex would be to clean up and get ready for open water. I saw one man on a lake today, I'm sure there are more. I get too cold in ice water myself. Odds are, there will be some open areas by currents, might try some shore action for crappies. Good luck, I'll try to post my observations on Friday, Brent

RBuker

I'm thinking if we keep getting the rain and wind that are forecast, we'll be icefree by the 10th of April.

This stuff is hard on ice.

fisherking01

My best advise now would be stop on over here with a case and we'll sit around, watch it rain and tell stories!

Realistically this rain is taking days off the ice. Looking like earlier ice out than I thought. Tomorrow will tell a different story for many bodies of water.

RBuker

You said YOU have the case????

laugh.gifshocked.gifwink.gif

fisherking01

I have it not, my guide has it for me! Aren't you the guide??

Finlander

Just got back from Osakis-Alex. area and the ice is totally black looking and I think only aq few days away from opening up!

Osakis on the north end has open water out around 75' in most places and an open spot out from Coon point about 25' wide and a couple hundred feet long out towards Buck point.

Most lakes pretty similar conditions! blush.gif

waskawood

Quote:

I have it not, my guide has it for me! Aren't you the guide??

Hmmm, sounds familiar. Maybe we had the same guide. grin.gif

Minnewaska opened up today.

KrappieKiller

Has anybody been around Lake Miltona lately? What does the ice look like up there? Thanks

Woodland

Miltona is dark, but barely pulled away from shore anywhere. I think it'll be a week yet.

RBuker

With this cold weather moving in it might start making ice! mad.gifshocked.gif

KrappieKiller

Thanks for the update woodland, keep me posted. I want to try and plan a trip up to Miltona for the weekend after ice out.