• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester (UPLR) - Open Water

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyler Holm

• Dan Thiem

• IBTanin

• DzNuts

We had a lot of fun. I'm not sure yet who won except for Rugbyguy won the "big fish" catagory. It was a carp. I wasn't in the running for 1st 2nd or 3rd with my little catch of three crappies. My partner Mike Smith from Hooked on Fishing did pretty well. He was on fire. There was a time where he was catching a fish every cast. I think his weight for four craps and four gills was close to five pounds. Tyler and Rugbyguy were the only other guys that I think had a 8 fish limit. If I could have hooked into a few of them gills I might have been in the running.

All in all a GREAT bunch of people. Kids too. I'd recommend this UPLR to everyone who wants a slightly competitive fishing trip.

Thanks (again) Tyler for putting these together!

The results for our first Open Water event on Lake Zumbro are in.

UPLR Lake Zumbro Results - April 16th

Or next event is Monday April 30th on the Root River. It will be a Sucker Run event. Please view the UPLR website for details on Sucker Run events as well as info on where to Register.

1 week away from our 2nd Sucker Run event. This one is held on the Root River which is arguably the best sucker fishery around. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm going to try to do a little pre-fishing on the Root this weekend.

Did you guys fish the root on Monday or did the rain cancel the festivities?

The rain and T-Storms spoiled the turnout, therefore we cancelled. Those that did show-up just fished for fun and we caught some nice fish.

Would you say the fish were bigger than on the Zumbo falls/hammond section of the Zumbro or about the same?

Thanks.

I think generally speaking the Root will have a little bit larger fish in it. I know of a 8lb Silver that was caught this weekend and there was a huge golden caught as well out of the root (more later on this one).

Yesterday we caught 2, maybe 3 Silvers between 4-5lbs and the rest were average sized for the species.

In my personal experiences, they are about the same thou. The top paragraph is just what I've seen/read/heard.

Our next event on Monday May 7th at Chester Woods. Please view the website for details

UPLR News

This will be our first open water event at Chester Woods, so I really don't know what to expect. I expect to find some of those trophy gills and thick crappies like we did through the ice.

Hope to see you there. Please view the UPLR website for details regarding Chester Woods.

The UPLR event at Chester Woods schedule for tonight (May 7) at Chester woods will be canceled due to the weather. They are predicting thunder storms all afternoon/evening.

Our next event is on Monday May 14th on the Zumbro River / Silver Lake. This will be our final Sucker Run event. Please view the website for details

UPLR News & Schedule

For those that have never sucker fished before, give this event a try. A great place to start would be below the dam, or the confluence where Silver Creek dumps into Silver Lake.

Hope to see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Free bump for the UPLR this monday (tomorrow-May 21)

Edit: I know it's a little late, but is anyone looking for a fishing partner for this event? If you have an open spot I'm looking to join you. cool.gif

Ryan

507.358.tree659

For those that are going to make it tonight, I'll have some sponsor donations to give away.

I had to move our Chester Woods event forward 1 day. It will be on Tuesday June 5th. I also had to cancel the the Mississippi River Backwaters (Wabasha) event on Saturday June 16th due to scheduling conflicts.View the website for any further updates.

http://tylerholmoutdoors.com/uplr/news_schedule.html

I'd also like to point out that participants can shore fish if they don't have access to a boat. Chester has tons of areas where shore fishing is excellent. This brings up another good point. If you have a boat and have an open seat, please let me know. I know there are guys that would like to participate, but they don't have access to a boat. Please email me if you have an open seat, or are looking for an extra spot in a boat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our next event is Monday July 2nd at Lake Zumbro.

5:30-9:00pm

Hope to see you there.

We’re back on track for our UPLR events. We have an event both next Monday July 2 (at Lake Zumbro) and the following Monday at Chester Woods.

The fish have positioned themselves in their summertime habitats and have been willing to bite.

Hope to see many of you there.

Please refer to the website for further details -

http://www.tylerholmoutdoors.com/uplr/

Anybody fishing the event on the 2nd and has a empty seat in their boat? I would love to fish but need a seat. I would gladly chip in some money for bait/gas.

Thanks

Scott

The results from our previous event at Lake Zumbro are in.

UPLR Pictures and Results

Or next event is this next Monday - July 9 at Chester Woods.

Tonight should be an interesting evening. I'm looking forward to it. I think that find the sizable crappies will be in good shape, but I also think it will take an 8 fish limit to take home some money.

Good Luck guys. Hope to see you there.

I will likely have an open spot or two in my boat tonight if anybody is interested. Shoot me an email.

The results from our previous event at Chester Woods are in.

We caught the majority of our sunfish about 4-10' down in ~22FOW holding close to wood. Live bait was important for the sunfish. Our crappies came shallower near weeds.

Or next event is this next Monday - July 23 at Lake Zumbro.

• 2 weeks later...

Our next event is Monday July 23rd at Lake Zumbro.

5:30-9:00pm

Hope to see you there.

I will have 1-2 open spots in my boat tonight. Email me or post here before 3:30 if your interested.

The results from our previous event at Lake Zumbro are in.

Or next event is this next Monday - August 6 at Chester Woods.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this event on Chester Woods this next Monday. We've been getting really nice gills out there on every trip. Crappies have been more of a challenge, but we did find a few on our past trips.

Shore fishermen are welcome to fish in the UPLR events and we've had several folks fishing out of canoes and doing very well.

Registration will start at 5:15 at the public boat ramp.

For more details, please visit the UPLR website here.

Hope to see some new faces again. Even if your not familiar with Chester Woods or you don't consider yourself a tournament angler thats OK. Come out and enjoy the water and give it a shot. Afterwards we all chit chat about what was working and where we caught our fish. That alone is worth the entry fee.

If your interested in more details on the Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester, please contact me via email. Once your added to our email list you'll get the inside scoup on what's happening and where.

The results from our previous event at Chester Woods are in.

Or next event is this next Saturday - August 18 at Lake Byllesby (8:00am-11:30). That should be interesting. I've personally never fished it but I'm excited to see what it has to offer.

For those of you that cannot make it on Monday nights, this is a perfect opportunity.

As of now I have room for 1 more in my boat for the Byllesby event this Saturday morning. Let me know if your interested.

I will be stopping at Zumbrota Dairy Queen on the way back to Rochester for lunch (and a cool treat) so please feel free to join me in supporting one of our UPLR sponsors!