Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

Smeds

2 posts in this topic

Smeds, leaving town in exactly 1hr.35minutes. In approx 8 hrs I will enjoying the golden juices from mountain springs that you left for me at Riverbend. I have the umbrella and the rain gear packed to. I'll hoist with you and David in mind tonight, and post on Sunday. Good luck to me, and hope I can hang on. Bill

Well Bill I know you're gonna have a great trip as this time of year is pretty tough to beat out there. Guess I'm gonna have to try and wrestle a little bit of extra 'allowance' out of Mrs. Fisky so I can pop a barley pop in the 'bend after Fridays fishing. WalleyeJon, myself and a few others are gonna be fishing over thatta way Friday afternoon insearch of some Walruses as SRJ calls them!

I think you should make it up on June 9th too....And posted such in that gtg thread!

Regards and have a great trip.

fiskyknut

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      This is close to home for me. I love the dunes, but the refuge is messed up. The refuge told me they were brining native game birds back, so I was excited and said sharptailed grouse and the guy looked and me and said no ringnecked pheasants. I laughed at him and said really he said yes really. I told him ringnecked pheasants are invasive species he argued they are native and I walked out shaking my head.    The refuge could be a strong hold for sharptailed grouse, prairie chickens, and water fowl if they managed for them. The dune could extend this area. 
    • CaptainSeabass
      G'day guys, I've started up this post as I will be visiting Minnesota (to be specific the Stuart Lake in the Ottertail Lake area) and I would love to hook into some fish! I'm originally from the Netherlands, have lived in Australia for the last 8 years working as a fishing guide, I have moved to Dallas TX with my wife and now we will be visiting my in-laws in Minnesota. I would love to catch Musky, which I know West Battle Lake holds, and of course Walleye. I have been trying to look for areas that hold smallmouth but was unable to find any. I don't have a boat up there or anything so I know I will be in a massive disadvantage for musky but I will give it a try with waders. I would love to get as many tips as possible! Cheers!
    • thelars5
      This years West Central Bowhunter 60 will be held on August 12th and 13th with registration from 9am - 3pm Saturday and 9am - 2pm Sunday!   Come to enjoy the rolling hills and grasslands of the Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center. Little Crow Archers of Willmar & Swift County Archers of Benson have teamed up to host this 60-Target 3-D shoot. Shoot it in one day, or make a weekend of it and shoot both days! Our promise is that you will not be disappointed!   Highlights include, Generous sized walking trails, On-site concessions, and seating deck! Stakes for : Adult, Youth, Traditional, and Cubs All on over 100 Acres! 90% Rinehart Targets   Full Course (60-Targets) $23 Adults ~ $15 Youth 16 & under ~ $60 Family Max 1/2 Course (30-Targets) $14 Adults ~ $8 Youth 16 & under ~ $36 Family Max   Shoot Location: Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center 12718 10th St NE Spicer, MN 56288 GPS coordinates: N 45° 14.716 W 95° 1.777 @1.5 Miles West of Hwy 71 on County Road 29   www.littlecrowarchers.com
    • osok
         Personally I do seem to catch quite a few overs, some days it can be a challenge to find keeper fish ( stupid problem to have, huh?). One thing I notice is that all the fish seem to be very thick through out the classes.   While I was tackling some honey-do's I noticed that the breeze was a bit stiff, I'm sure it was a challenge to maintain a line or consistent  speed.   Over all was it a good day for you?
    • ZachD
      Nope that's exactly what I wanted to hear thank you probably will go to look at gander in forest lake to see if they have anything good left
    • ZachD
      There are good bass in Crooked too
    • DLD24
      Do you typically catch quite a few overs on fish? I fished it for the first time today and we got lots of gills and a few good quality eyes...The wind made boat control a pain.
    • monstermoose78
      lol I posted that Friday but with no service it must went when I ran into town for new hose
    • monstermoose78
      I was up over the weekend to do cabin duties. I did get laker trout at cascade river Friday mornings it was 17 inches but made for great trout and eggs breakfast. Agree with maple bacon longjohn and Chet's doughnut. Also a must stop for me is trail center for lunch the 3 Cheese grilled cheese is amazing with a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. Just look at this lunch
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Lindy rig with 1/2 crawler! 15' to 19' depth. Cliff