Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thomps9

4 Man Fishing Trip??

3 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I recently joined this site and posted a question in the wrong forum. Hopefully this regional forum will help with my questions.

We have a group of 4 guys from Iowa that are working on planning a trip for the end of June/beginning of July. We are looking for a lake where we can camp off the beaten path, rough necking it. We have located one lake in Ontario, Lake Pakashkan, which allows for camping on their islands. We are trying to put a small list together of possibilities. If you guys know of any other good places that can accomodate what we are looking for, I would love to hear it. We want to fish for walleye/northern. Thank you so much in advance.

Hey Thomps welcome to FM anyways. Hate to tell you but you would probably be better of seeking advice on our Canada forum as the lake you're asking about is in Ontario. There are some good guys there that should be able to steer you to some information.

Myself I have not even heard of that lake....Sorry!

Post on the Canada forum and I'm sure you'll get some good response.

Regards....fiskyknut

I fished the Canadian side for twenty five years or so, untill the border crossing got so sticky, and there are spots on the Lake of the Woods, but on the Canadian side. You will need to get a permit to do so, and do it way in advance because they fill up fast.Ontario has a small qty of these sights on lakes up there. I would suggest that you contact the ministry of fish and game.Perhaps "hemlock" can put some of his knowledge to this. Good luck.