• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Getting ready to make the trip...

Any last minute tips for someone going up this weekend? We are tentatively planning to fish the area just past Pine Island Friday, 28 fow during the day and move to about 16-18 fow for the dusk bite. Then we are thinking of fishing the Knights and Bridges area Saturday morning and we will probably move around a bit out there and settle into a spot for the evening bite again. Then we will fish a bit on Sunday morning, probably just over Pine Island again in the morning and then head home.

Is there water on top of the ice up there or did the recent colder temps harden it up again? Is there much slush on the ice? Anybody use Adrian’s Road the last couple days?

Thanks,

Tom

I was up last tuesday through sunday in varied depths. We found fish across pine and we were the only house there until over the weekend. By sunday we had about 30 houses on top of us. We brough home our limtits but was not fast and furious with the exception of when Mr. Warden came in and tore apart our house. We could not keep fish off our hooks but couldnt really fish with him tearing our trucks and house apart. We we ended up with 9 fish between 24 and 28.5 inches. 4 of which were 28-28.5. I also lost one pig in the hole!! It was a true trophy!

Sounds like fun other than the troubles the warden gave you. Do you know if that is typical or was he just checking to make sure you don't have any eyes stashed somewhere? Not really too much to try and tear apart with us, just a fish trap and an F-150. I hope I can get into some of the piggies, but a few eaters will do for me. My buddy is after his first walleye ever, so hopefully that will happen for him fairly quick.

Tom,

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. Adrian's road was wet on Tues, drying on Wed, & is firm & dry tonight. A bit rough due to the thaw & freeze but very drivable. Adrian's guys were working hard on a couple of breakers tonight so should be in prime shape for you.

Had a tough bite and hard to put together a good pattern the last three days but a fathead on a hammered gold Gem-n-eye did as well as anything. Most fish in 28' came between noon & 3PM. My 78 year old pop kicked my butt with a small Buckshot in the new pink glow W/gold front. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Glad to hear the wardens are doing their job!!You make it sound like a bad thing!!Glad you had a good trip and good fishin' Jigster