Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassman

Finding a creek?

5 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if there is anyway to find a creek that is on the dnr web site but is not posted on it.

I ran into a similar situation last year when trying a find a trout creek to take my nephew fishing at. I ended up contacting the DNR for directions and they were more than helpful. They also told me about other streams in the area that I had not considered. There is one small creek outside of Detroit Lakes that I have tried to find but just can't seem to locate inspite of a map, good verbal directions, a sign marking the management area and a paved parking lot and trail in the area. Although we came across what appeared to be a small creek (a few inches deep) we walked quite aways and couldn't find anything remotely resembled a creek that might have fish in it. Anyone know of this creek that could give me better directions blush.gif

Thanks!

Quote:

Anyone know of this creek that could give me better directions

mnfishingal, if you need more information, shoot me an email or call the DNR area fisheries office and ask for J.P. Lipton, (218) 847 1579

i second contacting the DNR. i shot them an email the other day about a local creek and they even gave me some in-depth info about the creeks management plan and where the trout are stocked in it.

Alright will do so thanks for the help!