Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawghunter

Walleye Masters Inc.

13 posts in this topic

Has anybody seen the entry forms for the lake traverse tournament?

I’ve fished it the last 3 or 4 years and I’m a little worried that we, for whatever reason, have been lost in the shuffle.

Thanks

anybody know who to contact to find out?

I'd call Ben's Bait shop in Browns Valley. He'll know who to call. Sorry, I don't have the number off hand.

heres the number for bait shop in browns valley 320-695-2175

hope this helps you out with obtaining info.

Thanks Guys grin.gif

if i win i'll look you up wink.gif

We fished a WWA tourney on Traverse that happened to be the day after the Walleye Masters Tourney a few years back. Wish we would have known about it before hand. It looked like a well run event!

Traverse was designed by the devil himself, but that's what so cool about it. It's definately a big fish lake too.

Good Luck!

I hear ya!

For the newcomer it’s very intimidating, the rocks in this lake have claimed many of lower units,

Typically we catch a great bag pre-fishing then either the weather or the walleyes through a monkey wrench into our system, this is our year.

I love it thou, throwing #5's and jigs at the shoreline rocks, bobering the rock piles, pulling plugs. Cant wait till open water!!!!!

Hey Hawg,

Is that still a one day tourney? I wouldn't mind getting back there someday.

Yes, one day event still, first come first serve team number sorted by mailed in entry (postmark date) usually fills up fast.

Last year they did have a Sunday event for those interested, but you had to fish Saturday to be eligible for Sunday.

I’ve not yet got a hold of Ben's Bait but still trying

I’ll let you know

I cant believe that out of all the FM'rs veiwing this site, nobody has a clue about this tourny or who to contact.

Quote:

WWA tourney on Traverse that happened to be the day after the Walleye Masters Tourney a few years back.

You got blown all over the lake that day if I remember correctly. 40mph blush.gif??? I felt bad for you guys as I was heading back to Brainerd. Traverse can get rolling, thats for sure.

Ha! That was the day! I'm serious, I had a wave crash over my wavewacker leaving 6 inches of water standing in the back of my boat. It was the most miserable day on the water I have ever experienced in my life. Only 4 or 5 teams caught a weigh fish (we caught 1 tiny 8 inch walleye). I left the anchor out on the deck and it fell on my new rod snapping it in half. And, to top it off, we had been camping in a tent since Thursday night that week. Imagine how beat down we were!!!

On the ride home we said we would never to fish a tournament again. Well, that idea didn't pan out. In fact, I am kinda in the mood to try Traverse again!

Email me the info when you get it (email below)..

Sounds like fun. :crazy

Try calling circle k resort. I think they started taking entrys post marked on the 15th.I wouldnt try calling bens bait, i'm sure he's probably under water.