• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye Masters Inc.

Has anybody seen the entry forms for the lake traverse tournament?

I’ve fished it the last 3 or 4 years and I’m a little worried that we, for whatever reason, have been lost in the shuffle.

Thanks

I'd call Ben's Bait shop in Browns Valley. He'll know who to call. Sorry, I don't have the number off hand.

heres the number for bait shop in browns valley 320-695-2175

hope this helps you out with obtaining info.

We fished a WWA tourney on Traverse that happened to be the day after the Walleye Masters Tourney a few years back. Wish we would have known about it before hand. It looked like a well run event!

Traverse was designed by the devil himself, but that's what so cool about it. It's definately a big fish lake too.

Good Luck!

I hear ya!

For the newcomer it’s very intimidating, the rocks in this lake have claimed many of lower units,

Typically we catch a great bag pre-fishing then either the weather or the walleyes through a monkey wrench into our system, this is our year.

I love it thou, throwing #5's and jigs at the shoreline rocks, bobering the rock piles, pulling plugs. Cant wait till open water!!!!!

Hey Hawg,

Is that still a one day tourney? I wouldn't mind getting back there someday.

Yes, one day event still, first come first serve team number sorted by mailed in entry (postmark date) usually fills up fast.

Last year they did have a Sunday event for those interested, but you had to fish Saturday to be eligible for Sunday.

I’ve not yet got a hold of Ben's Bait but still trying

I’ll let you know

I cant believe that out of all the FM'rs veiwing this site, nobody has a clue about this tourny or who to contact.

Quote:

WWA tourney on Traverse that happened to be the day after the Walleye Masters Tourney a few years back.

You got blown all over the lake that day if I remember correctly. 40mph blush.gif??? I felt bad for you guys as I was heading back to Brainerd. Traverse can get rolling, thats for sure.

Ha! That was the day! I'm serious, I had a wave crash over my wavewacker leaving 6 inches of water standing in the back of my boat. It was the most miserable day on the water I have ever experienced in my life. Only 4 or 5 teams caught a weigh fish (we caught 1 tiny 8 inch walleye). I left the anchor out on the deck and it fell on my new rod snapping it in half. And, to top it off, we had been camping in a tent since Thursday night that week. Imagine how beat down we were!!!

On the ride home we said we would never to fish a tournament again. Well, that idea didn't pan out. In fact, I am kinda in the mood to try Traverse again!

Email me the info when you get it (email below)..

• 2 weeks later...

Try calling circle k resort. I think they started taking entrys post marked on the 15th.I wouldnt try calling bens bait, i'm sure he's probably under water.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.