Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thirtysomething

snow on the big lake

13 posts in this topic

Anyone know how much snow they're getting on LOW? I'm heading there mid week and it'd be nice to know what we're getting in to. Thanks in advance.

I think we have had close to a foot, and it's still coming down.

So much for "cruising"the entire lake!c63

The National Weather Service has on there site that Warroad received 8 inches of snow from 7:00 A.M. Saturday to 7:00 A.M. Sunday.

When we left LOW yesterday morning at 900am it was snowing hard and continued all the way to St Cloud. We got 13" down here, I'm sure they got plenty up there as well. Glad we finally got some so the guys with the sleds can enjoy their past time as well. Bill

Was out on the lake this morning...

Cross country travel with a vehicle will be tough at best. Woke up to at least 6" this morning and that wasn't counting what we got on Saturday. I would say that it's "snowcat" only if you want to get off the main roads.

Wow, I pulled my sleeper in to 20' fow on the eaast side of twin island lucky long point has house there to so i'll get a road out there hopefully by next weekend. We got a foot in RLF. Boar

1tofish -

How did things go this weekend?

I was up there wed-sun. One thing to note is that it was very windy Friday and Saturday, so the snow that they did receive has drifted pretty deep in some places.

Hey Flint,

We had a the whole family up there this past weekend. Rented a cabin at Morris and fished out of our houses. Two days of East wind, so you can guess how the fishing was. The kids got to catch some fish, and had the Kitty Cat up there for them to ride around on. Dad and Casey went in shallow one night but it was slow there too. Lots of snow now, so getting around with a vehicle will be tough.

Was fishing on one of the reefs about a week ago and did really good. I'm really liking those rocks....

Any plans on coming up? How about Paul?

Later,

Ya-

Planning on coming up this weekend. Paul should be there also if he don't have jury duty. Some of Hammer brothers are coming I guess. But I plan to hit it hard and sled some place. Reefs you say? Shallow bite on Zippel shut off yet? That was the plan is to hit that in the morn then head it north to reef hoop. Let me know if that's a good one or not?

Paul and LJ are here helping me put liquid kit on the planter. Lots of dud light last night!

Take care,

That's what I would do.

Watch the weather, Friday is supposed to be nasty then settling down for the weekend.

Give me a call if you get a chance.

Round two... here we go...

One extreme or the other in this neck of the woods...