Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish&Fowl

birds

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody fishing the river between birchdale and the rainy lake has seen anything for ducks and geese around. I got a little time to hunt and would like to get out one or two more times before it closes. Any info appreciated.

Hey G-Man - was out to the office last night and heard some positive scouting reports on the river. Don't know details but the avid duck hunter in the group took off this morning to hunt.

Thanks uffda, I'm planning to get out there turkey day morning if at all possible. Glad to hear there might be some birds. We'll have to get out jigging once everything ices up. I'm sure me and the old man will be following fishmeister to a few of his hotspots if he lets us! Think cold and happy holidays.

G.K

I know its a little late, but there are still ducks on the river. we hunted the four scotsmans just before the indus corner on thanksgiving and saw quite a few ducks. Lots of bills and goldeneyes, but I was really surprised that there were still mallards hitting up some field across the river. All and all not a bad morning to hunt, not alot of water on the river so it was easy wading, we were just stupid enought to carry a bunch of honker dekes down, including a dozen full bodies confused.gif That was work! Hope you got out and found some.

Take Care!!!

The auger is sharp and tuned. There are enough ice rods downstairs for this side of town. Just waiting for ice. Imagine Mr. K is anxious to cut a spearing hole too.

TL-

Glad to hear you at least got some shooting in. Never made it out...ended up working on my truck and heading down to the shack to get some stuff done.

Uffda,

Very ready to get that spear house out, and I too have been getting the wheeler, sled, etc. ready for ice. These little lakes down here are probably going to be fishable by this weekend with some already having 2-3 inches of ice, but I'll be in SD chasing roosters. I'm planning on getting out next week and weekend down here to a few smaller lakes that have some nice walleyes and crappies in them. Hopefully we'll get the harpoon house out next weekend with a little luck too. Good luck on your first outings, be safe and keep me updated.

Good luck in SD. That sounds like fun. Hope it's a little warmer there than here although it would be okay walking if the wind stayed reasonable - that's asking a lot in SD.

I had a charter trip to Baudette this afternoon/evening and the river was froze over in most areas. Even saw a portable out this afternoon near Clementson. It's a little early on the river for my liking but it wasn't my portable.

We are also getting a little snow - been hoping for a few inches for martin and fisher trapping.