Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbomn

Pool 2 report.......11-11-06

4 posts in this topic

Nice sunny day, but don't be fooled it was cold out there today. South wind at about 15 MPH + 30 degrees = not nice. We worked wingdams pretty hard, a couple sheepies. Worked the shoreline rip-rap pretty hard, with some really nice white bass coming to the boat. Two nice smallies and one 21 inch walleye were also on the rip-rap. All in all, a pretty slow day. The only thing I can figure out is that the flow is down so much, the eyes are scattered out all over. With so little flow, there really isn't much for current breaks, and very "very" little action on the wingdams. The river is full of shad, so the feed is plentiful, and available.Things don't look good for any more water in the near future, so I would guess the fishing will stay pretty much "as is".

At least you caught some fish Joe. We blanked for the evening. We had two very light hits and no hook ups. I might have to bring some minnows and vertical jig the edges of the wintering holes and ends of wing dams next time. The wind really was not fun. I had trouble staying anchored with my 30lb river anchor at times, especially with little current to push the boat down river against the wind.

That wind sucked down there on satuday!!!! It said 5-10 mph and that could have been doubled!!! It was a little slow for us as well. Monica pulled one nice one and all I could get were them 21-22s of the wingdams. I moved up to 1/4 and even 5/16ths for Monica just to help in the wind and made a difference but you really need to be lighter for better #'s of fish out there.

We had about the same results on Saturday. Chilly, smaller eyes and another enjoyable day on pool 2.