Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparetime

Long Point or Wheelers Point

4 posts in this topic

We are planning a trip for early January and have availability for places to stay both near Wheelers Point and Long Point.

Would you recommend one over the other for the first weekend in January? We will be trying the fishing on our own for the first time on LOW. Past years we have always done a stay and fish combo with one of the resorts.

Early January ought to be rockin pretty good out over Pine

Island (Wheelers Pnt).

I like Long Point alot but it seems that the ice takes a

while longer there.

If you are fishing "on your own" you can stay at either

place and fish anywhere you want. Its not that long of

a commute and adds to the adventure.

Good luck, you should have a great trip

What about the Zipple Bay area the second week of January? Is the bite similar to the Pine Island area? We have been doing the Pine Island area the past five years and are looking to change it up a bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Zipple Bay is pretty darn steady all year. The first

good ice on the lake at at Zipple. The ice road system

rivals our interstate system.

Zipple is an excellent choice anytime (especially on early

ice)