Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HutchBucks

Hmmm...no posts

9 posts in this topic

Usually no posts in this forum means the bite is on....that's why no one is here to post anything! cool.gif

Well...from what I have experienced...there is no bite what so ever. My wife and I just spent the weekend in Spicer, and fished Green. The only thing I got, was a smally out of about 32 fow. That was for about 12 hrs on the water. I have tried Belle & Minnebelle too....I got the same thing there...nothing. Talk about bite...

I was out about 1.5 weeks ago and reported on my afternoon at Erie, but that's the last time I've fished in the Hutch area. Was on a lake near Mankato with some guys and we tied into a number of nice walleyes ranging from 18" - 22" with one boasting a very hefty 28.5". It was a crankbait and rattletrap bite trolling and retrieving around 1.5 - 2mph in 2' - 6' of water over gravel & rocks. Water temps were from 42 degrees on the south end of the lake to 49 degrees on the north end.

Not that the Mankato area is close to Hutch at all, but wanted to mention that crankbaits and rattletraps in shallow over gravel produced pretty well...and it was a daytime bite.

I'm not going to say much except maybe you should be fishing Collingwood! grin.gif

HutchBucks, I agree, no posts in the Hutch forum means no one is LOOKING for the bite, they've already found it. I havent even got out latley, too much hunting to do, especially with pheasants open now, I think this area is one of the best in the state for roosters this year. Couple that with a bunch of ducks being around and having to at least show up a few days a week at work, man there just isnt enough time in the fall to get it all covered.

I better plan on getting out before deer season or it might not be till early ice. We shot 8 roosters saturday so I guess we can afford to get out to Collinwood, since it is only about a mile away from my house.

If this is the best area in the state for pheasants than the rest of the state must be pretty bad! I may not even buy a license this year here as I have better stuff to hunt out west...way out west. I suppose it would be different if some private land is available to hunt.....that whole "who you know" thing is prevalent around here and the WMA's are laughable.

I hope to get the boat out this weekend if the weather cooperates but I'm not holding my breath. I haven't heard a thing about the 'bite' lately.

Combining corn, shot a deer sat. night, and building bunks in the new fish house dosen't leave too much time for fishing this last weekend.

Not to mention a person could be duck hunting, pheasant hunting, goose hunting, heading up north to hunt grouse - wow I love fishing as much as the next guy but I fish hard for 9 months and hunt hard for 3 - Ohhh when I bring down the lottery I will post a different story.

went to Jennie tonight, and guess what...I have got to be the worlds worst fisherman. I can't get a bite for nothing. Raps, lindy, big minnow, small minnow, worms, 3fow, 12fow, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. I have tried and tried...no fall bite for me this year. I think it's time to put it all away and get ready for ice fish'in.

P.S. I might be willing to let someone show me what the heck I am doing wrong. smile.gif

LIMITOUT-I didnt say THE best, I said ONE of the best, seems like there was a much better hatch around here than other places. I do pheasant hunt almost strictly private land though. We dont hit much public throughout the year, maybee after all the corn is out.

Dave, maybee try a different time of day??? I dont know.