Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jerk bait

Beltrami State Forest

jerk bait

Has anybody hunted grouse there this year?

fivebucks

I don't think there are any grouse there at all. I will be there next weekend for 5 days so I think I'll bring the dog and shotgun along in case I am wrong. Seriously though, I haven't been up there since late August. The little bit I was in the woods I did not flush any, but I wasn't trying.

jerk bait

I hunted there years ago. I guess if the grouse aren't there we can stop at Fourtown for a burger and a cool one.

fivebucks

Jerk bait,

I was trying to be funny with my first post. We have our deer land on the northern edge of Beltrami and I am sure there will be plenty of birds similar to other parts of the state. The last few years were dreadful, maybe even worse than other parts of the state due to the big flood up there about 4-5 years ago. That was the start of the decline in that area as the nests flooded out. I'll have more to report on the 23rd.

jerk bait

fivebucks, I got it. Like I said I hunted there years ago and did well. I usually pheasant hunt out west but its not going to happen this year. I have a hunting shack near Fosston, so Beltrami would be a good day trip.

Matt Breuer

Now you guys are talking about home... We have land near Fourtown, and our cabin is between Hayes Lake and Wannaska.

Beltrami Island used to be phenomenal, as a kid we would shoot numerous birds on the trails above and below Bemis Hill. In the past few years hunting there has been tougher, but in the outlying areas of the forest, the birds are definitely up!

Worked in Roseau last week, and hit one trail less than 2 miles from BISF on my way to TRF, 3 miles, 11 birds seen, 5 bagged. Also got a sharptail 10 miles later...

The following day my brother and I hunted the same area, which was infested with hunters. We worked some trails in the South end of BISF and picked up 6 more ruffies.

afterworklimit4ma7.jpg

Matt Breuer

Also, if you want to hunt ruffies when you're staying in Fosston, I would probably stay around the area... It's quite a haul up to Beltrami, and there are as many if not more birds you can hunt in the Fosston/Bagley/Bemidji area, without seeing half the hunters...