Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
No_Net

cost of mount

No_Net

How much will it cost about to get a ringneck mounted. Also I've heard that if a duck still has pin feathers that they will fall out after a couple of years is this true or false. Thanks in advance.

Sartell Angler

haven't heard anything about the pin-feather theory, but I guess I've only heard about mounting prime adult birds so maybe that is the case.

I got a goldeneye mounted two years back from a local guy who does phenomenal work and is regarded as one of the top guys in the midwest. I think I payed $275 or so for it and that included the driftwood it was mounted on. email me at indy500as at hotmail dot (Contact Us Please) if you want his contact info. He specializes in waterfowl and it shows.

SA

whitewolf6647

There's a guy around here that can do a sitting mount for about $90 and a flying mount for about $95 and he does a great job. These area few that I had him do for me so you can see what kind of job he acctually does. IM000305-1.jpgIM000304-1.jpgIM000303-1.jpgIM000306.jpg

If you're interested I can get you his name and all of his contact information. He's acctually doing 6 other ducks for me right now. Of course the habitat scenes will run a bit more I thin the double flying redheads ran me about $185 and the swimming canvasback was about $120 and the triple woodducks mount was a bit more pushing around $370. The sitting hood was only $85, So he's very reasonable the only bad thing is it takes him a while to get things done. It's usually about 1 year for a duck mount so that might be a deterant but he does do really nice work.

buzzsaw

Whitewolf, great collection of duck mounts you have going!! I'm impressed! I have a pair of woodies from opener that I need mounted if anybody knows of someone reasonable in the metro area I'd be happy to know who I could call.

hanson

Hey Buzzsaw-

A pair of woodies like this?

woodducks9ug.jpg

The guy that did these is a relative of mine and is arguably very good at what he does. He's in the northern metro. There are a number of other FM guys that highly praise his work as well if you search back.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get them for $100 a bird.

buzzsaw

Hanson, yes exactly like that, maybe with one of them with a wing down. Could you shoot me his contact info.

RonZych

WoW! Those are great prices WhiteWolf. Excellent mounts.

nitroant

Chris-

If your talking about your uncle, I would agree, his stuff looked pretty good. His fish, deer and birds all looked great. He had some pheasants there that he had finished and they looked good. I asked him what they ran just in case I knock down a nice ring neck this year. I want to say that he told me $150 to $225 per bird depending on the mount and if there was drift wood included ect.

TRM

here are some of mine

taxshow06011.jpg

taxshow06010.jpg

phe001.jpg

whitewolf6647

AWESOME MOUNTS!!! where did you shoot the cinamon at and the full colored bluewing? I've never even seen one around here with that much color.

shel15

I had some done 2 years ago and they were 200 each.

I think the goin rate is 150 to 300

TRM those are great, where did you get those done.

I might want to get some more done if the place is local..

poutpro

Can anyone post a pic of a mounted redhead that shows the breast? I shot one this weekend, and didn't think that it look mature enough, the breast wasnt quite all white. I would like to see how uniform of a color a mature redhead's breast is. Thanks

TRM

well if the breast is white it is not mature the breast color of a mature red head is black, the very under belly is a off white to light grey color, and the sides and back are a dark grey to almost silverlooking on the sides.

Redhead-(4).jpg

Redhead-(29).jpg

TRM

white wolf

the cinnamon was shot in mexico and the (bluewing) it is actualy a New Zeland Shoveler from a game farm, if you look at the bill it is the shape of a shoveler just smaller, and the eyes are yellow not brown like a bluewing teal, I can try to post a front pic if you want to truly see the diff.

poutpro

I meant to say belly not breast. The breast was all black and the sides were grety. It was probably more mature than I thought. Oh well, hopefully I will get another one this weekend.

whitewolf6647

After I posted my last one I looked at it again and noticed the bill really cool lookin duck if you could post front pics that would be great.

TRM

White wolf

Here are a couple more and I will try to get the front pic taken this weekend and some more of the stuff I have. and post Monday for ya. FH000006.jpg

FH000007.jpg

stmichael

TRM,

In the second picture what is the "glass" made of? I have a friend that wants something like that for a fish mount. I am hoping it is acrylic, need to put a good size hole in it. my email is haapojam@bsci.com.

Thanks for any information you can give.

SSSTaxidermy

Quote:

There's a guy around here that can do a sitting mount for about $90 and a flying mount for about $95 and he does a great job.....

If you're interested I can get you his name and all of his contact information. He's acctually doing 6 other ducks for me right now. Of course the habitat scenes will run a bit more I thin the double flying redheads ran me about $185 and the swimming canvasback was about $120 and the triple woodducks mount was a bit more pushing around $370. The sitting hood was only $85, So he's very reasonable the only bad thing is it takes him a while to get things done. It's usually about 1 year for a duck mount so that might be a deterant but he does do really nice work.

Whitewolf, I would most def be interested in having this individual do some mounts for me...Time ins't an issue for me...If you could so kindly send me his contact info to mason27@gmail.com. Thanks