Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greebs

what a disappointment

17 posts in this topic

Wow. That's about all I can say about the end of the season. It's like it was April/May all over again. They looked like a bunch of little leaguers playing in their first tournament of their life. It's hard to come up with one good thing that happened during that series if your a Twin fan. I guess you could say Rondell White's hitting was good and Morneau's hits today but that's really grasping if that's the best we can say. Not sure if the errors or the inability to get a clutch hit with runners on is worse? It's gonna make for a long offseason following a regular season that I'd almost describe as magical.

So many if's and but's in this series but the A's definitely deserved it because they took advantage of our mistakes and while only getting a couple more hits in the series, got their hits when it mattered.

I'll say it again. Wow.

Yep, it's not that they lost the series it's how they lost that disgusts me. Until they prove that they can play decent playoff baseball my attendance at the Dome will be way down. Their play today reminded me of some of the Vikings SuperBowl appearances: choke

its a pretty young team, they cracked under pressure. I don't think anyone expected the twins to win the division, but they did. it was a good season, and can build on it for next year. we just need to keep guy's like hunter and maybe even radke to play another year, to me even better next year.

1-20 with RISP, OUCH!!!!!!!!

That was terrible, that was probably the worst I have seen any team play all around in a series in a long time..

There's always next year. smirk.gif

The Twins won the division by another team helping them do it. They look like the viqueens always do, with the shape of an L on their forehead!

I was not at all impressed the way we ended the the regular season. The division lead was up for grabs on a couple of different occasions as the season wound down, and it took until the last game to win it because the Tigers absolutely fell apart against the Royals. Not exactly the way I had hoped we would close out the season with playoffs around the corner. I am not going to say I told you so though. I honestly did not see the Twins losing against the A's, or for that matter getting sweeped. Just disappointing to see them lose in the fashion that they did.

I feel much the same after this series as when the Giants roasted the Vikes 41-rip in the playoffs.

Okay guys, for all our disappointment, let's not forget the A's are not slouches.

Geno,

You seem like the operator on the Suicide Hotline. I guess you are used to dissapointment and failure, being a Cubbie Lover. You are doing a great job. You have probably talked hundreds of Twinkie fans off the ledge this year. Keep up the good work. Windy

Yes, Windy, I help where I can. Only stating the obvious, that the A's (and Tigers and probably the Mets and maybe the Cards) are to be commended.

Just a little sportsmanship you know.

I can also play lifeguard, but of course, if it was a WSox fan that was drowning, I'd probably be so nice as to ask if you would like a drink of water. Nyuk, nyuk.

Just a little humor you know.

Geno,

Just shut up and hand me an anchor, right?

LOL

Windy

Disappointing? Yes. Will we stop watching them now for years to come because they sucked in post season this year.. no.. always a fan. Win or lose. Personally, I will proudly wear my Twins gear, year round. Win or lose.

sound like a bunch of band wagon jumpers. They were picked by most to finish 4th. Then were 12 games down. Whipped up a nice second half the that the divison. How do u expect them to keep up that pace. Maybe u guys should go with wind bag and root 4 the suxs.

hey you got to give the twins some credit, at least they won championships as the vikings can keep dreaming about theres. as for the whole attendance thing, they're better off of you didnt go, you might as well go cheer for those yanks next yr! some of you guys are a disgrace to the twins and the fans. no matter how the twins do i'll always be a fan.

It was a season to remember for the hill they had to climb to win the division, just sucks they didnt advance in the playoff's. Maybe Ryan will look at the team and get some players to fill the position's we need help at. I would like to see them sign a left fielder, 3rd baseman, another starting pitcher and a everyday DH hitter.

I'm in no way shape or form dissapointed in this team or the season. They were what, 12 games down?

Division champs, dude with the batting title, probable Cy Young!!!!!!!!!! Cripes, what do yous guys want, the world handed to ya on a diamond studded silver platter????

It was a great season and truely fun to watch a lot of the younger players do what they did.

Totally agree with Boiler. Ya the A's series was a bummer, but this was a fantastic year. These kids are fun to watch. And think we could be like the Chi. sox, they can't even make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

GO TWINS!

Looks like the Dog and I agree again.

GO TWINS. cool.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• easyrider25

Posted

Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?

• On 9/24/2016 at 3:30 PM, ZachD said:

she's getting big

She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Maybe that is how they can stay in business 

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/25/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/26/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• perry p

Posted (edited)

Thanks Workin, Bart and especially Jim for the replies. My family really enjoys fishing on Clearwater lake.

Edited by perry p
      Misspell
    • muskie-mike

Posted

Good walleye bite on leadcore..40 walleyes in 25-28 ft of water,mid lake..None over 16 inches...

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.

• Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

Very nice walleye no matter how the picture came out! Do not see many of those each year!

We ended up keeping 9 walleyes and releasing 3 slot fish between 19" and 23".

Cliff

• LBerquist

Posted

Here's the proof of the 28" I told you about today cliff. Unfortunately this picture doesn't make this fish out to be nearly as impressive as she was in person. I'm gonna need to work on my selfie skills.

20160925_104541.jpg

2 people like this

• easyrider25
      Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?
    • MattL
      She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 
    • delcecchi
      Maybe that is how they can stay in business 
    • flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/25/16   Happy Fall!   On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.   Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.   The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011  
    • flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/26/16   Happy Fall!   On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.   Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.   The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011