• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

what a disappointment

greebs

Wow. That's about all I can say about the end of the season. It's like it was April/May all over again. They looked like a bunch of little leaguers playing in their first tournament of their life. It's hard to come up with one good thing that happened during that series if your a Twin fan. I guess you could say Rondell White's hitting was good and Morneau's hits today but that's really grasping if that's the best we can say. Not sure if the errors or the inability to get a clutch hit with runners on is worse? It's gonna make for a long offseason following a regular season that I'd almost describe as magical.

So many if's and but's in this series but the A's definitely deserved it because they took advantage of our mistakes and while only getting a couple more hits in the series, got their hits when it mattered.

I'll say it again. Wow.

Yep, it's not that they lost the series it's how they lost that disgusts me. Until they prove that they can play decent playoff baseball my attendance at the Dome will be way down. Their play today reminded me of some of the Vikings SuperBowl appearances: choke

its a pretty young team, they cracked under pressure. I don't think anyone expected the twins to win the division, but they did. it was a good season, and can build on it for next year. we just need to keep guy's like hunter and maybe even radke to play another year, to me even better next year.

1-20 with RISP, OUCH!!!!!!!!

That was terrible, that was probably the worst I have seen any team play all around in a series in a long time..

There's always next year. smirk.gif

The Twins won the division by another team helping them do it. They look like the viqueens always do, with the shape of an L on their forehead!

I was not at all impressed the way we ended the the regular season. The division lead was up for grabs on a couple of different occasions as the season wound down, and it took until the last game to win it because the Tigers absolutely fell apart against the Royals. Not exactly the way I had hoped we would close out the season with playoffs around the corner. I am not going to say I told you so though. I honestly did not see the Twins losing against the A's, or for that matter getting sweeped. Just disappointing to see them lose in the fashion that they did.

I feel much the same after this series as when the Giants roasted the Vikes 41-rip in the playoffs.

Okay guys, for all our disappointment, let's not forget the A's are not slouches.

Geno,

You seem like the operator on the Suicide Hotline. I guess you are used to dissapointment and failure, being a Cubbie Lover. You are doing a great job. You have probably talked hundreds of Twinkie fans off the ledge this year. Keep up the good work. Windy

Yes, Windy, I help where I can. Only stating the obvious, that the A's (and Tigers and probably the Mets and maybe the Cards) are to be commended.

Just a little sportsmanship you know.

I can also play lifeguard, but of course, if it was a WSox fan that was drowning, I'd probably be so nice as to ask if you would like a drink of water. Nyuk, nyuk.

Just a little humor you know.

Geno,

Just shut up and hand me an anchor, right?

LOL

Windy

Disappointing? Yes. Will we stop watching them now for years to come because they sucked in post season this year.. no.. always a fan. Win or lose. Personally, I will proudly wear my Twins gear, year round. Win or lose.

sound like a bunch of band wagon jumpers. They were picked by most to finish 4th. Then were 12 games down. Whipped up a nice second half the that the divison. How do u expect them to keep up that pace. Maybe u guys should go with wind bag and root 4 the suxs.

hey you got to give the twins some credit, at least they won championships as the vikings can keep dreaming about theres. as for the whole attendance thing, they're better off of you didnt go, you might as well go cheer for those yanks next yr! some of you guys are a disgrace to the twins and the fans. no matter how the twins do i'll always be a fan.

It was a season to remember for the hill they had to climb to win the division, just sucks they didnt advance in the playoff's. Maybe Ryan will look at the team and get some players to fill the position's we need help at. I would like to see them sign a left fielder, 3rd baseman, another starting pitcher and a everyday DH hitter.

I'm in no way shape or form dissapointed in this team or the season. They were what, 12 games down?

Division champs, dude with the batting title, probable Cy Young!!!!!!!!!! Cripes, what do yous guys want, the world handed to ya on a diamond studded silver platter????

It was a great season and truely fun to watch a lot of the younger players do what they did.

Totally agree with Boiler. Ya the A's series was a bummer, but this was a fantastic year. These kids are fun to watch. And think we could be like the Chi. sox, they can't even make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

GO TWINS!