Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CALVINIST

Twins win+Tiger loss tonight =first place in AL central

30 posts in this topic

With the momentum of our win against Boston last night combined with the Sox pistol-whipping the sinking Tigers last night, I like our chances of snagging the division lead from the Tigers. Sweet! Just hope I don't eat crow pie for breakfast tomorrow morn... crazy.gif

Casey is comin' in strong!! I like it!

Indeed Buzz, indeed! What do you think about tonight? BTW, you been out fishing for the BIGGUNS lately? I haven't been out because of boat limitations, but I would suggest that you try that one area I showed you last year for the next couple weeks wink.gif.

WE need to get out again and hit Tonka! I was hoping Saturday morning would work out, I'm still not certain. If I can get out, I will let you know... are you available this Saturday morning? I haven't had alot of luck this year muskie fishing, but then again I'm usually taking photo's. shocked.gifwink.gif

About tonight, I see Morneau hitting a bomb off of Schilling with Boof keeping the spiralling Sox off balance. Twins 5 Red Sox 3

Available? yes! As you can see by my avatar, my boat is no match for yours. Actually, I've been plagued by boat motor problemas all year mad.gif. Fortunately I'll have things up and running again by next week, so that's good. Yeah, just let me know, buzz, and hopefully we'll get a big toothy in the boat. You still got my e-mail address?

No call on the Tiger/Sox game?

Yes, I have it and will let you know by Friday okay. I stole your muskie candy holder idea - PVC tubes in a bucket! It works out nicely!

I'd hope the White Sox win bigtime! 8 - 2

Better than paying outragous prices for conventional musky candy holders...

With a guy named Boof going against Shilling? Tigers will be 1 1/2 up by midnite. I hear crow tastes good if you put enough salt on it.

Wishful thinking... I look at it more like the Twins have always hit fastball pitchers well, including Schilling and Boof is pitching very well.... on the other hand Judy garland is also pitching well and Bonderbunk isn't!! So lets just say I see the Twins 1/2 game up... lets see who's right? wink.gif

Quote:

With a guy named Boof going against Shilling? Tigers will be 1 1/2 up by midnite. I hear crow tastes good if you put enough salt on it.

How about a half game? If they hold the lead as of now. If not, I hope you like your crow...

Hows you're crow tasting this morning.

Are you guys ever gonna lose? Not sure either of us are eating crow this morning. We both misses by just a litle bit. Tigers actually player small ball last nite. Couple Sac Bunts, some hit and runs, and then another home run by Mags (third of the series). Screwy one game in Baltimore this afternoon and start a three game series in KC tomorrow. We've won eleven of twelve against KC this year. I'm not sure six more against them is a good thing.

Sox are gone. Two team race. Question --- would you rather play the Yankees in a five game series or Seven?

Would rather Play Oakland as Division winners!!

Bobby Bass is right on!! All I can say is that the Twins were so patient against Schilling last night... he was up to 80 something pitches in the 4th inning and had to be taken out because of his pitch count! We had him on the ropes more innings than not, but give him credit for getting out of tough situations like a true veteran stud does. Also, has anybody on the Twins hit a nicer looking homerun this year than the one Torri parked out on Landsdowne street in the 8th inning last night?! My gahd!! What a bomb!! One more thing, did anybody else here Bert say in like the 7th inning that the game was so close that it felt like one that the Twins would come back and win? What a call!! Right now nobody knows our young guns ie... Garza, Bonser, Baker & Neshek and that MIGHT bode well for us, who knows.... I'd still love to have Liriano and Radke.

How about that one last night Buzz!

As bad as Torii was earlier, he has been great since he came back.

That's 3 clutch homers in less than a week!! Nice to see. Bonser was also terrific along with the bullpen. The Sox are doing their slide big-time. I would have thought they could have at least won a home series against a team they've owned all year long and with their most consitent pitcher on the mound. - guess not grin.gif

Ha Ha you guys funny tongue.gif. Silence yesterday, but now that I gotta eat crow crow pie I can't shut you all up. Ya know, crow doesn't taste bad with a little BBQ sauce. Really, it's only a matter of time before the Twins take the lead and stay there. I'm quite confident of this, and say it at the risk of wiping more future crow off my face...

Willy, Torri has been so clutch and last nights bomb was the sweetest HR of the season!

While RJ notes that MN is hot (W4), nobody even mentions the race for 5th in the NL Central....Pitt has W5 now. Cubs don't have a chance to evade the cellar if they keep winning.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifTry turning the paper upside down....The Twins fans

had to do this in the late '90s. It makes the standings look better. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I am not going to count out the White Sox quite yet. I remember what happened all too well at the end of last year with Indians falling on its face and Chicago winning the division. Highly unlikely, yes, impossible, no.

I wouldn't count them out yet either, heck they only lost to a poor Seattle team 9-0 last night! Can't wait to see them bring that "A" game out tonight. tongue.gif

I am officially counting them out. They aren't going anywhere. The slide is in full force and there is no way they get out of it. They have given up.

Only thing we have to worry about now is if we play at home for our first playoff game or on the road.

Magic number for the Twins in the Wild Card is at 5 now. There would have to be a MAJOR Twins collapse and a MAJOR win streak by the Sox for them to get into the playoffs. Don't see either happening right now. I just checked and the Twins are +6 in the loss column on the White Sox. If I figure it out the Twins have to go 4-6 and the Sox would have to win out.

Besides we need to be focussing on the Tigers not the Sox.

Agreed. The wild card would be ok, but the division is what we want. Therefore, we want Detroit and not the Sux.

How cool would home field advantage be!??!?!?

What do you guys think about the possibility that the last game of the season might mean the division? We would have Santana going. Would you want him to pitch and win the division, or rest and start game one of a playoff series?

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I rest him so that he can be used twice in a playoff series if he is needed. Also, if he were to loose, I don't really want anybody else on the hill game one in Yankee stadium other than Yo.