Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pike11

ST PAUL PARK WINGDAMS

3 posts in this topic

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE WINGDAMS JUST SOUTH OF ASHLAND OIL HOLD MANY WALLEYES OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF CONCENTRATING 494-ST PAUL THIS FALL...I TRIED LAST EVENING,JUST CAUGHT 5 LB CHANNEL CAT...DID GOOD IN ONE SPOT THIS SUMMER IN ST PAUL,ME AND MY NEPHEW GOT 10 WALLYS FROM 2.5-4.3LBS IN 2HRS ON ONE TRIP BUT IM TRYING TO FIND SOME GOOD WINGDAMS,JUST MOVED IN TO AREA,AM WORKING HARD ON LEARNING POOL 2

While the wingdams in that area can hold fish, the wingdams around 494 are probably more consistent for walleyes. That said, the wingdams around 494 are also more heavily fished - especially in October and November. When the same wingdams get hit repeatedly, don't be afraid to try new areas.

The fishing is often slower in September, but will pick up through October and beyond. Note too that flows are lower than normal right now, and probably will be throughout fall (unless we get major rain). This will also change where walleyes are holding (wingdams and otherwise).

Thanks for the info!! I hope its a good fall bite