Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dampfinhead

Low Flow??

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the low flow in pool 5A was caused by "no rain" or the corps holding the water or using it to refill pool 5?

The flow is back now (over 22K cfpm) vs last week when it was about 5K cfpm. confused.gif

the us corp that manage the lock and dams have suspended the drawdown a couple of weeks ago because of the limited flow and rain. they lowered the pool down about 12 inches last year, and wanted to lower it i think a total of 18 inches to a foot again this year. every part of the river is being hit by the dry weather, so factor in the lowering of the pool along with this hot and dry weather, you have what pool 5 is now. .....so ya, both factor in, but the drawback is suspended for now and maybe the rest of the year, and adjustments will bw made again next year.

Sorry, I was asking about pool 5A, by Winona. I thought that perhaps the refilling of pool 5 caused the flow in 5A to be depleted.

Thanks anyway.

when i said 5, i ment 5a. i am just a transplant from upnorth, so i dont refer to the pools correctly. i live by winona so ya think i would call it by what it is...stupid northlanders...